oh man

Options
Hey ladies,

My starting weight is now 275 goal weight 130 and to gain back 40 pounds in mussle so 170. I recently gained 55 pounds in the last six months. Between love and birth control and poor eating habits I'm feeling extremely discouraged. Any advice out there?!?!?

Replies

• PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    For now, forget about the birth control. I lost more on it than I gained. It can affect your habits, but you just need to set a calorie goal, and while trying to meet it, see where your habits are throwing you off and make adjustments as necessary.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights now, you'll appreciate not having to regain muscle in the end. Don't be afraid to start slow with the weight loss to learn healthy habits. Learn how to weigh food and log absolutely everything you eat, it's easier to make adjustments when you know exactly what you are eating.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    Options
    Hey Shirley.
    I know how it feels to be discouraged by your own behaviours. I look at myself and think 'why did you let this happen? You did this'.
    But, I hope one day I'll be able to look in the mirror and smile when I say 'you did this', and be proud of my achievements.
    Right now, you're focusing on what you've done to get to this point.
    Start focusing on what you can do to fix it. What's done is done. This is your starting point. If you treat this as the beginning, a reset, then if you work hard, you can only get healthier.
    I'm not saying it's easy. But getting into the right mainframe is the beginning of your journey.