Tired of yo yo dieting

Options
Hi I just joined again but this time decided to connect with others who have had the same experiences as I have. Lose a few pounds yo yo dieting just to gain it all back in a few days. Really looking for a permanent loss this time. Biggest problem I have is trying to figure out exactly what to eat. I find the food preparation difficult and I am not that motivated with regards to recording everything I eat. Also I am a procrastinator so that doesn't help much either. Any tips anyone can offer would be fantastic.

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    My advice? Stop looking for 'the right things' to eat. There is a reason why you 'yoyo' and my guess would be it's because your plan isn't sustainable to begin with. Me? I HATE fruit and I'm not wildly keen on vegetables. All that is important for weight loss is your calories in/calories out. Enter your stats into the MFP app and it'll give you a calorie goal to work toward each day. It really doesn't matter WHAT you eat - just as long as it is within that number. You do not have to restrict yourself or eat strange exotic foods you wouldn't normally choose. I promise it doesn't have to be difficult and once you make this workable for YOU - you will no longer yoyo. Good luck :)
  • MrsDee14
    MrsDee14 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm tired of dieting all together. If I don't diet, I'm gaining ridiculous amounts of weight quickly. Drs say I have no abnormalities going on. I wish I could find the way of eating that is normal for my body. Cheers to us all in the diet rat race.
  • Melionfire
    Melionfire Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Since I was 13 I have gained and lost between 50 to 70 pounds 4 times jus to have it come back and them some. I have tried so many diets, pills that I am sure my metabolism was shot. I had that black o white mentality when it came to food. I always wanted food so much more when I told myself I couldn't have it anymore which would then result in binging on it after fighting the urge to eat it for so long and then my all or nothing attitude just gives up. But this time I am working on sustainable changes. Working on portion control but listening t o my body when hunger calls. I will no longer deprive myself. If there is something that I crave that is on the previous black list I will have a small portion to stay in my goal. I find telling myself I am aloud to eat when I'm actually hungry and that I can have what ever I want has helped stop the binging. Anyone can add me and I will cheer you on and try to motivate you.