University students

Options
Are there any university/college students like me that find it difficult to always eat healthy and find time to work out.

Replies

• Laurenporenoren
    Laurenporenoren Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Like right now I feel I should be exercising but I've been studying all day
  • roamingtiger
    roamingtiger Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    It took me a very long time to figure out my time management skills. Basically I just suck it up and go to the gym every evening when I'm all finished with classes. The eating is difficult. I make sure my morning and evening meals are spot on. I always bring fruit with me to class to snack on. My school has a lot of food options including very healthy meals and snacks which makes it easier.
  • PennWalker
    PennWalker Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Are there any university/college students like me that find it difficult to always eat healthy and find time to work out.

You can buy foam earplugs, take a textbook to the gym, and read while you walk on the treadmill for an hour or more. It's not the biggest calorie burn -- I do this and have to walk less than 3 mph to be able to read -- but you can easily burn several hundred calories this way. The foam earplugs are essential to block out noise.

You can also make or buy salads (ask for the dressing on the side), keep protein shakes around for emergency meals, and keep fruit like apples on hand for snacks.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    I have a full time office job and if I'm honest I don't want to spend hours each evening working out. I discovered Shaun T's "T25" programme which are basically home work-out's for 25 minutes a time. This has personally helped me stick to exercise whilst maintaining a busy life. There are many options like this available - you don't have to be sweating it on a treadmill for hours a day! Good on you for putting studying first, in my opinion.
  • atyrone
    atyrone Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    U burning calories even when you studying
  • CaiL33t
    CaiL33t Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find eating right and working it hard. I know I shouldn't, but I do. I used to pencil in my workouts (yoga two times a week that I LOVED) and then I got a job. Suddenly all of my spare time was spent on that, and studying. I miss it so much. When I do force myself to go I don't enjoy it, and that really messes with my headspace. I can't work out at home because of my scoliosis, my doctor wants a trainer or instructor around so I don't hurt myself (again).
    And the sad thing is, I got this job so I could buy good food, but it never lasts with roommates. I'm living on campus, so I thought things would be easier. They are not.

I've sent you a friend request, I hope that's okay.
  • JonnaXD
    JonnaXD Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    jup, staying motivated sure is hard when you're mentally tired from studying all the time. my work load this semester is really tearing into my free/work out time, and I know that it will only get worse once winter hits (I'm kinda like a bear, I just want to sleep and eat in the winter) but I'm trying to stick with it. Lately I haven't been going to the gym as much, so I'm trying to do more stuff at home, I try to do yoga and other stuff in my livingroom whenever I need a break from my homework and generally just walk instead of taking the bus.
    As for the food I just try to avoid keeping anything too unhealthy in the house, so if I feel like getting something I first have to walk the 15min it takes to get to the nearest store.
  • lilstry
    lilstry Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm also a busy student and I know what you mean by the whole studying situation. One thing that has definetly helped was the C25K. It lasts about less than an hour and you only have to do it 3 times a week. You can try to plan your workouts. In the end if you decide to go to the gym, workout on YouTube or running, when you plan a workout you are more likely to actually DO them, so sit down and plan when and what workouts you want to do for a whole week. Good Luck and Take care :-), you can do this!