Hoping to stay motivated!

Options
Today is my first day... I'm really hoping to stay motivated and on track during this. And I'm hoping that tonight's poor choice doesn't follow me through this experience (it's so hard passing up free Dairy Queen!). I'm not here with a huge weight loss goal. I just want to drop a few pounds (around 11) to get me to my goal weight to look good for my cousin's wedding that I'm standing up in. Not just that I guess. I just want to feel comfortable in my weight. I'm tired of looking down and seeing myself look like I'm pregnant when I'm not... Any weight I gain goes directly to my stomach and thighs. I've had an on and off relationship with working out for the past few months and I'm REALLY hoping that this is the time that I stick with it, as the wedding is coming up in October of this year.

Any words of encouragement or anyone who is in the same type of weight loss situation as I am, I would love to hear from you! Thanks!!

Replies

• Z_luna
    Z_luna Posts: 1
    Options
    well, maybe if you focus on other goals too :) not just weight loss, but feeling a lot better and more energized. after a couple of days, i felt a whole lot better. i actually wanted to workout! :D lol. some people give up, just because it takes a while to see a difference. so, notice the little things.
  • megskin15
    megskin15 Posts: 94
    Options
    Thanks for the hint! I'm focusing right now on weaning myself off of Mt. Dew. I have a HUGE caffiene addiction and I'd really like to kick it in the butt- today I only drank half my soda! :smile:
  • Merricles
    Merricles Posts: 21
    Options
    Free ice cream is VERY hard to pass up. I love ice cream, and i am offered free ice cream twice a day!!! Oh the pain. I am new here too, and I also have a rather small goal of 10-20 lbs. My fat goes right to my gut as well, and my chin. I think my chin is what really bothers me. In any case, good luck to both of us! I have no doubts we can do this ;)
  • megskin15
    Options
    How do you get offered free ice cream twice a day??? How do you say no to that???
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I want to lose about 15# more, I've lost 10 so far. This website makes it so easy to track and has really kept me motivated. Having something to work for/look forward to (wedding) should really give more incentive! Do you workout? Drink a lot of water (that's another key). Feel free to add me if you'd like --also, I'm from Wisc also! :)
  • megskin15
    Options
    I have been working out a lot more now that I am on MFP... since I can see the calories with the diary and I know what I need to do to burn them off. I'm definitely trying to do at least a little something each day and I'm drinking a lot more water than I used to... in April I went to the hospital for severe dehydration so that scared me into upping my water intake :)