Starting Over Again

Hi everyone, I am starting over again. I have a goal to lose 70 lbs. I broke away from MFP and joined WW, but I am just tried of paying $$$ to lose this weight so wanted to give MFP another try. Looking for anyone that is looking to lose around same amount, or someone who has lost around 70 lbs to help with my motivation! I have friends who say they need to lose weight, want to lose weight, but just don't want to commit with me and finding it hard to keep myself in check.....

Replies

• PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Welcome back :]
    I transitioned from WW to MFP. Don't get me wrong, WW is pretty good for 'accountability'. You have the social aspect of regular meetings plus knowing you are getting weighed at X time every week can also work really well - However, WW is full of flaws and is hugely complex these days and I also feel it doesn't encourage a particularly healthy relationship with food. MFP, in my opinion, is simple and you can't argue with the science behind 'calories in, calories out'. There are no strange restrictive rules that I've found with a lot of weight loss groups and also, it's FREE. It has my vote - I hope it helps you. Lots of support on offer too. Good luck!
  • MyGirlishGoals
    MyGirlishGoals Posts: 4 Member
    Thank you so much! I did also find some flaws witg WW. I am hoping MFP works better and I don't feel I am straving when I do an extreme workout. Looking forward to this journey through MFP
  • rethanon
    rethanon Posts: 3 Member
    MFP works if you do things right and don't make the usual mistakes like I did at the beginning - for example, I had a "thing" about not going over my daily target for net calories in - I kept falling short and it just sapped my energy and made me feel awful, until I accepted it was OK to be over a little :smile:. Good luck!