10 lbs in 10 days

Options
is it possible to lose 1lbs in 10 days safely? I am currently burning over 1000 calories daily for my work out but my fit plan wants me to each 2265 calories of food a day!! I am only eating about 1400 calories. I want to lose about 10 lbs but this schedule is relentless and has still not caused me to loose weight.

Replies

• edtoy77
    edtoy77 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    oops I meant 10 lbs. in 10 days not 1...
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    not likely, if you want to lose 1 lb you need to decrease calories by 3500. I don't think that will be safe for you to do daily for 10 days.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Buy something nice that fits you perfectly. Boom!! Instant weight loss!!
  • crissy976
    crissy976 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate nearly nothing for the 10 days, it's impossible. And you wouldn't have the energy to workout, let alone do much of anything else! lol
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    How attached are you to your arms? Do you really need both of them? If not, that is a way to lose lots of weight quickly. However, losing 10 pounds of fat in a week, no, that is not possible. You could lose a bunch of water weight with a little fat and get to 10 pounds of weight lost, but only if you are carrying a lot of water weight.

Lets do the math, one pound of fat is 3500 calories

Lets say you burn 2500 total in a day from your activity.
    That would be 17500 calories a week.
    Divide that by 3500 and you have 5 pounds lost if you don't consume any calories.

But that is not the whole story. Your body can only metabolize a limited amount of fat in a day. The rest of the calories need to come from other sources like muscle and organs. So, no, you can't lose 10 pounds of fat, and even if you could lost 10 pounds of weight, much of it will be from muscles and other lean mass.

BTW 1400 is too low a calorie goal for a man.

• pattymom1000
    pattymom1000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady is better. You want to KEEP the weight off. Quick on...quickly back on often..... 1 pound a week is healthier....but fast forward to a year from now. Picture yourself with the weight still off!!! Year after year... instead of quickly gaining it back plus extra-- that's how it often goes.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    edtoy77 wrote: »
    is it possible to lose 1lbs in 10 days safely? I am currently burning over 1000 calories daily for my work out but my fit plan wants me to each 2265 calories of food a day!! I am only eating about 1400 calories. I want to lose about 10 lbs but this schedule is relentless and has still not caused me to loose weight.

10 pounds of water weight if you are extremely obese (okay a few pounds of that will be fat). Superfast weight loss when you are "just overweight" = water+fat+lean muscle loss.

Slow & steady helps you preserve a higher % of existing lean muscle mass

Pound per week goals
    75+ lbs set to lose 2 lb range
    Between 40 - 75 lbs set to lose 1.5 lb range
    Between 25-40 lbs set to lose 1 lb range
    Between 15-25 lbs set to lose 1 -.50 lb range
    Less than 15 lbs set to lose 0.5 lbs range
  • SaraWestenbroek77
    Options
    If you are then only really getting 400 or so calories per day, that is not enough for your body and it will start storing fat.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    If you are then only really getting 400 or so calories per day, that is not enough for your body and it will start storing fat.

No
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

No - this is not true

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/ladyhawk00/view/starvation-mode-how-it-works-98802
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    You could lose 7, i've had it happen in a week.. here's the rub though, 5 lbs of it was water weight after a seriously high sodium intake one weekend, then I lost 2 lbs from my usual deficit. But in order for me to lose that 7lbs I gained 5 from eating all the salt lol (entire weekend of bbq and grilling with friends). By Friday the following week I had lost the water weight by drinking a ton of water and watching my sodium intake, and lost 2 lbs from my normal diet. Never happened that way again though, was just a fluke. Although I have seen 4 lbs drop off from water weight gain many times in a couple days.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Not advisable and nearly impossible. That said I guess there was a time in my life where I legitimately lost 10 pounds over 14 days. That time was when I strapped on a backpack and walked over 200 miles of rough mountain terrain. My TDEE was probably like 6000+ a day and given there is only so much food I could carry I was probably eating 2700 a day. When I got back I think I weighed something like 7 pounds lighter a couple days after after my muscles cooled off from that strenousness I was 10 pounds lighter. Pretty sure I legitimately lost 10 pounds over that 14 day backpack.

That said that was wearing a 50 pound pack, walking 16 miles a day up and down probably 3000+/- elevation probably 11 hours a day every day. Also in that 10 pounds was probably some muscle loss as well. Its hard to imagine doing more than that especially if you also want to have a life or work.
  • markrgeary1
    markrgeary1 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Who's going to know if you lost 10 or 2?

Get well.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    The only method that is "safe" that could be considered is Rapid Fat Loss by Lyle McDonald.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    The only method that is "safe" that could be considered is Rapid Fat Loss by Lyle McDonald.

Even then, 10 pounds would be pushing it unless someone is morbidly obese.
  • AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    10 pounds of what? I'm certain it wouldn't be fat. Or lasting.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    If you were a new person with a ton of weight to lose, then you could lose 10lbs of water weight initially. But then, who cares about if you lost water weight? It doesn't really show unless you're lean.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    Is that you on your profile pic? Don't see how you can do that unless you have surgery.