shirataki noodles

Options
winwin
winwin Posts: 134 Member
anyone ever heard of shirataki tofu noodles? does anyone know where you can buy them? How 'bout any recipes for them?

Thanks for any info.

Leslie

Replies

• winwin
    Options
    anyone ever heard of shirataki tofu noodles? does anyone know where you can buy them? How 'bout any recipes for them?

Thanks for any info.

Leslie
  • theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i loooove shiritake noodles!!

people say they taste just like pasta but... i disagree.

i think it's more like those chinese noodles or ramen noodles.

but they are so good and surprisingly filling.

they are expensive like what though.

--
    tt
    diediediet.blogspot.com
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't say I love them, but at 40 calories a bag, they do have their uses. I made mine with carrots and celery in a broth.
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Hi Leslie,

I have yet to find them but I made this meal today and it very good and easy to make but I made it with regular fetuccini pasta.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3813-shrimptastic-fettuccine-hungry-girlfredo

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • rhondababy
    Options
    I love them too!!! I posted about them several weeks ago, but got no response- glad other people eat them. You can get them at healthy grocery stores (Whole Foods), and most Asian Markets carry them.

I either make a light broth-y soup with some chicken broth, a few light vegetables (snap peas, ****ake mushrooms, chives), or I use the more like western pasta and put a sauce on them. Both ways are good.
  • winwin
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses. How about filo or phylo sheets. My daughter had some at an Italian restaurant, so I'm not sure what she's talking about or where to find these either.

Leslie
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    They are awesome, the ones in the whole foods are tofu shirataki (I think they taste much more like pasta than regular shirataki) and you can look them up at www.house-foods.com and www.wholefoods.com will tell you where wholefood stores are. At whole foods they are only $1.49 a bag. You can also buy regular shirataki off the web www.miraclenoodle.com or just google it. It will bring up lots of results... shipping is where most of the costs come from especially the tofu ones they are shipped cold
  • theGuest
    Options
    no - i love them.

--
    tt
    diediediet.blogspot.com
  • AndreaMMil
    Options
    you can get phyllo in the freezer section in most grocery stores.
  • theGuest
    Options
    what is phyllo papper?

--
    tt
    diediediet.blogspot.com
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Phyllo as in the dough?
    If it's the dough, then I have a recipe for that too but I have yet to find phyllo dough.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/3699-low-fat-apple-turnovers

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the responses. How about filo or phylo sheets. My daughter had some at an Italian restaurant, so I'm not sure what she's talking about or where to find these either.

Leslie

Ever had baklava? It's the pastry part. Usually in the freezer section.
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Shirataki noodles are very yummy. But please remember to drink a lot of water when you're eating this as it is extremely high in fiber. Use it with low sodium broth, add veggies and chicken breast, it is very good. I've never used it like spagetti, some says it's good, some says not so good. It's up to you, but with broth is my favorite.

As for the phyllo dough, you can find it at most grocery stores in the freezer section next to the puff pastry. I did see whole wheat phyllo once in an upscale grocery store in Portland, but have not been able to find it since. I would love to try the whole wheat phyllo.