Diabetes sucks

Options
I need support!!!!!

Replies

• bookwormer28
    bookwormer28 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm with you; I was diagnosed about a year ago. Took some time, but I came to terms with it and I am managing. Hang in there, do your research and find out what works for you. It can be managed. It’s not fun. But it can be managed.
  • krrobin3727
    krrobin3727 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. Just found out my A1C was 6.7%. Never been that high before. My doctor surprisingly doesn't want to start me on meds because she feels I can reduce it myself. We can do it. Just have to be disciplined....
  • shellirave
    shellirave Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi guys I just recently diagnosed type 2 my ac1 jumped from 6.2 to 8.2 in just three months originally it was 6.4 and I lost 16 pounds and got it down to 6.2 the doctor started me on Metformin yesterday I don't really understand this because I've been eating clean for 6 months I'm lost total of 25 pounds and I'm now in the normal weight category and no longer overweight. Can't figure what made it jump
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Insulin resistant for nearly a decade, T2 diabetic for another ten years, and I remission for the last couple years from significant weight loss. Ask me anything.

If you were to pick your chronic conditions at least with diabetes there are a lot of ways you can affect your numbers. It's all about routine and monitoring.

I'd take diabetes over chronic pain management any day.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    @shellirave sadly you can do everything right but if your pancreas is pooped out what can you do? Weight loss and careful tracking of your food can help but there is also the inheritance factor.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    You may want to check out Dr. Jason Fung's website about diabetes and the cures that have happened to his patients from weight loss. He also wrote a book called the 'Obesity Code' and it's very good and explains things so the average person can understand. Always check with your doctor before you do anything.
  • liznotyet
    liznotyet Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Please also look at the diabetes groups here on MFP. you are not alone!
  • jxls4
    jxls4 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    At least you are trying to do something! Don't give up!
  • jesssiebee1983
    jesssiebee1983 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Could also be T1 diabetes which is incurable and autoimmune. It's hard to diet as T1