Cheat vs Reward

Options
End of the day you have that cookie; what defines that cookie as, a reward that was well earned, or cheating that makes you feel guilty?

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Neither, It's just a cookie.

This. If I fit it into my calories it's just part of my day. Even if it doesn't fit and puts me over by a couple hundred calories, I don't feel badly about it, as I tend to look at my total calories over the week and I'm sure I can fit it into that.
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Idgaf if it fits into my calorie budget
  • tapwaters
    tapwaters Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Neither, cheating implies you're doing something wrong and reward implies food, junk food, is a reset for good behavior which is exactly how I got fat.

So at the end of the day, a cookie is a bit of tasty that fits with my calories
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    Options
    I often have a cookie at the end of the day ... it fits within my calories and so all is good. It's not a reward or a cheat ... it's just part of my plan to eat only foods I like.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I have diet pudding. It's only 90 calories, so it's not a lot. If I just have 90 calories to spare, it's neither a reward or a cheat. It's just making up my 90 calories.
  • jesssiebee1983
    jesssiebee1983 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have a cheat meal every week.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's dessert. I always save room for something sweet at the end of the day. For the next few days it's leftover birthday cake.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    It's a cookie man... just delicious food eat it, love it, and make it fit your calorie goal.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,002 Member
    Options
    It's just a cookie. I don't consider foods good or bad, cheats or rewards. I would never be able to stick to a way of eating that I felt the need to "cheat" on. I eat things I like everyday and work them into my calorie goal. Last night I had cheesecake. I just called it dessert.