Water?

Options
Not a big plain water fan and am wondering if I can count 0 calorie flavored water? Have always been a Diet Dew addict, and trying to cut that out.

Replies

• TheMrsBee
    TheMrsBee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    i sometimes drink No added sugar Robinsons Apple and Blackcurrant and NEVER log it as i don't drinmk it strong enough really and the bottle seems to last me ages.

good Luck
  • babydull
    babydull Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I add a couple of wedges of lemon or lime. Once you get used to it, it's great.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    You can count any liquid you want.
  • HunnieM
    HunnieM Posts: 37
    Options
    learn to love plain water! Before I really started all this I wasn't a really big water fan either but I have slowly, but surely, learn to love it! It's all your body asks for when it's thirsty and it's all it needs! Try to drink a glass everyday and try different brands too because although a lot of people say water does not have a taste, it REALLY does. My favorite brand is figi water!
  • eates
    eates Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    You'll get a variety of opinions on this. I say yes.
    on a side note- look for True Lemon/Lime/Orange. It comes in packets like Crystal Lite but it's natural & 0 calorie.
  • robinso5
    robinso5 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I do LaCroix! Its awesome! it comes in various flavors and there isnt any sweeteners in them! they ar just carbonated water with natural -sugarless-flavoring! if you add it here on the meal tracker it adds nothing to your caloric intake~
  • ket_the_jet
    ket_the_jet Posts: 1,257 Member
    Options
    Try to drink a glass everyday and try different brands too because although a lot of people say water does not have a taste, it REALLY does. My favorite brand is figi water!

Water itself is tasteless; however, different minerals in the water may affect the way the body interprets the water. The container that you drink from can also alter the taste--yes, it's gross to think that when you drink from a water bottle you are consuming bits of plastic.

I'd say just get yourself a nice filter and avoid bottled water drinking in general. Besides it being much cheaper, you are not adding to your local landfill.
    -wtk
  • jazzy1129
    jazzy1129 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes you can. I think just drinking water is the main goal. I buy the flavored packs to mix in mine.
  • nukehiker
    nukehiker Posts: 457
    Options

I hope I am misunderstanding you but you can't count any liquid as part of your water intake. for instance you can't can't coffee, soda, etc as part of your water intake
  • richardzaccone
    richardzaccone Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    drink anything you want preferably water but any liquid consumed works. According to a Yale Medical study 8 glasses of water is a myth.
  • bcattoes
    Options
    I'd say just get yourself a nice filter and avoid bottled water drinking in general. Besides it being much cheaper, you are not adding to your local landfill.
    -wtk

YES, YES, YES!! Stop trashing the Earth with plastic bottles.
  • LisaStanley500
    LisaStanley500 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I was told (by an LA Weight Loss person) that you could only count plain water towards your daily 8 servings. Adding anything to it changed the way your body used it. Even if the flavoring had 0 calories it was no longer "pure"...?? Not a big fan of plain water myself, but am doing better. It gets easier. Just try to get down as much as you can. A LOT of days I have to force myself to sip throughout the day.
  • bcattoes
    Options

I hope I am misunderstanding you but you can't count any liquid as part of your water intake. for instance you can't can't coffee, soda, etc as part of your water intake

Yes I can.
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    I have become addicted to MiO, the flavored water mix...I am sure it is not good for you (preservative wise) but you can control how much you put it and they have some awesome flavors...I really like the Watermelon and Strawberry flavor right now.
  • BradChappell
    BradChappell Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I was not a big fan of plain water when I started either but have grown to like it.
    I used crystal light flavor packets to break up the boring cycle of plain water but now I hardly ever use them, maybe with a meal every now and then

This *1,000,000 plus bottled water is somewhere in the neighborhood of 500% over piced plus most of it comes from tap water anyway, there is nothing special about it
  • partyh
    partyh Posts: 1
    Options
    8 glasses is whats recommended to keep your body hydrated. What you drink doesnt really matter too much (within reason) The water aspect was added by marketing people trying to sell bottled water. The body takes 1/3 of the moisture it needs from solid food.

I drink tap water with a splash of sugar free cordial, as I dont like the taste of water. I avoid Coke as it has far too much sugar, and I avoid Diet Coke as it cons the body, and leaves you feeling hungry by not supplying the sugar your body assumes it shall receive from the drink.
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have become addicted to MiO, the flavored water mix...I am sure it is not good for you (preservative wise) but you can control how much you put it and they have some awesome flavors...I really like the Watermelon and Strawberry flavor right now.

This! Me too! That flavor is my fav! MiO is awesome!