I FEEL TIRED ALL THE TIME....

Options
So I am eating right, drinking multi-vitamins, exercise and sleep enough (7-8 hrs) but I still feel tired all the time for weeks now. My work is not that challenging, my immune systems is good.

What can I be doing wrong?

Replies

• Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Eating enough calories?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Paradoxically, the one thing you do not feel like doing when you are tired - exercise - is the one thing that boosts your energy. Are you getting any exercise in?
  • goMeelah
    goMeelah Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I feel the same, I'm tired all of the time to the point where I have no energy to exercise
  • Jalexander33
    Jalexander33 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Diet plays a HUGE role in the feeling tired part. Good proteins will help a lot to fuel the body before, during and after the workout. When its an endurance building day I make sure to have a really good protein for lunch to help me with this and a good source for dinner.
    Another thing to think about is how intense is the workout, how often are you doing it and how long (days, weeks, months) have you been doing the workout? If you are starting off well I would like to say welcome and happy sweating :smiley: but also try cutting back a day give your body some rest as it will
  • Godsgirl42
    Godsgirl42 Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Check your iron. I had an iron deficiency and was tired all the time and my diet was on point. I just needed supplements for a few months, then I was right as rain!
  • EricaH7
    EricaH7 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I used to be tired all the time until I started drinking the proper amount of water! I take my weight and divide it by two. That is how many ounces of water I drink everyday. It is amazing how much better I feel now that I am fully hydrated!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    Options
    I used to be like this until i lost weight. By midday i was absolutely shattered. I still dont sleep much but i dont feel like that anymore. I think it must be the exercise.
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    So many things could be causing the tiredness. Stress, bad diets, not enough exercise. If you really think there is a problem get some routine blood work to rule out any medical problem.

Also look at your sugar intake. Sugar will make you sluggish.
  • pattymom1000
    pattymom1000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Me too. Tired a lot. But happy I was down over a pound this morning.
    Too tired to exercize I can relate. But when I make myself go walk in mornings I feel better that day.
  • rosellkimberlyd
    Options
    You might ask your doctor to do some bloodwork to rule out any deficiencies like iron, vit B, or a problem with your thyroid. If that does not yield answers then look to diet and hydration. I had the same issue and my bloodwork showed vitamin D and B were low and A1C (long term average blood glucose) was high. Started supplements on top of my multi and started working with a nutritionist. I was very skeptical about using portions and proportions of carbs and protein to boost my energy but after about 2 weeks the result was amazing! So much more energy!