Maintenance Calories at 163 vs 159?

Options
Well I dropped down to 159 as of this morning but, have been eating at .5lbs at 163 and just haven't updated in awhile. Now it says my maintenance calories at lightly active are 2040 while before at .5 lbs a week loss i was eating like 2100. That doesn't sound right does it?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Yes it sounds right - work out the percentage changes in your weight and your calorie allowance.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »
    Yes it sounds right - work out the percentage changes in your weight and your calorie allowance.

If the OP ate 2100 to lose 0.5lbs a week, that was a 250 deficit so his maintenance was 2350. After 4lbs weight drop he sais it is 2040. So 310 calories drop from 163 to 159. That doesn't sound right to me.
    OP, have you changed your activity level by any chance?
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    My understanding is that every time you lose 10 pounds MFP adjusts the calorie requirements and the calorie burn from exercise.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »

If the OP ate 2100 to lose 0.5lbs a week, that was a 250 deficit so his maintenance was 2350. After 4lbs weight drop he sais it is 2040. So 310 calories drop from 163 to 159. That doesn't sound right to me.

You have read his very imprecise OP in a completely different way to me.
  • Seffell
    Options

You have read his very imprecise OP in a completely different way to me.

I thought so too :wink:
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The numbers are a guideline not an exact science

See what your body does over time based on how many calories you're eating
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options

My activity level has been the same for a few weeks now. I've been messing up recently so decided to weigh in this morning to set me on the right path. I've been eating at 2100 consistently I just haven't bothered to weigh in often. Just seems weird that I would lose 300 calories over 4 pounds.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 410 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    How much change in weight since the last time you logged an updated weight?
  • Seffell
    Options
    vanmep wrote: »
    How much change in weight since the last time you logged an updated weight?

As far as I can read in his post and title 4lbs.