30 day Shred ???

Options
I've seen so many videos on youtube about this workout and the results it gives ppl.
Has anyone tried it and loved it? Is it 10 workouts on each of the 3 DVDs or what? I'm nervous about buying it and not getting much of a result from it.

Replies

• rachrach66
    rachrach66 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm doing it now just started this morning! It's 10 days on each level. I am doing 5 days on and 2 days off. It's going to take me around 40-45 days to finish. It's a hard workout but only 20 minutes you wanna join me?
  • rachrach66
    Options
    Also I would go to Walmart.Com or Amazon.com only $10 and you will see results guaranteed!
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Been thinking about plunging into this one myself, but concerned about the stress on my knees. I know you can get some of the videos on YouTube - thought I might try that to see how high impact the exercises are. Can't find any feedback on the internet about impact on the joints.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Try it online, it's free. I like the workouts.
  • akilia112010
    akilia112010 Posts: 46 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I saw level 1 and 2 online but haven't found 3 yet. @rachrach66 I'm on walmart and amazon comparing the shipping costs. And to join you I'll do level 1 tonight when I get off work so wish me luck as I do the same for u ! :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've seen so many videos on youtube about this workout and the results it gives ppl.
    Has anyone tried it and loved it? Is it 10 workouts on each of the 3 DVDs or what? I'm nervous about buying it and not getting much of a result from it.

3 x 25 minute workouts on 1 DVD - you do each workout 10 times. See video clips & reviews here: https://www.totalfitnessdvds.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred-DVD-p/855.htm

Nothing magical. If you like circuit training (cardio & strength combined) if you like Jillian, if you do the workouts....you'll get more fit.

It's high impact, not a fan of circuit training.......not for me. I did like No More Trouble Zones though (just strength training). I do (other more enjoyable) cardio on alternate days.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    scubakat67 wrote: »
    Been thinking about plunging into this one myself, but concerned about the stress on my knees. I know you can get some of the videos on YouTube - thought I might try that to see how high impact the exercises are. Can't find any feedback on the internet about impact on the joints.

Here's a really good low impact circuit workout by Chris Freytag

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm0C8awjNIQ

Stress on the knees has a lot to do with form. If you can keep good form while doing moves quickly, you'll be okay. I'm not real coordinated....so, nope.
  • akilia112010
    Options
    youtube it is! lol
  • mmmmaidservice
    mmmmaidservice Posts: 85 Member
    Options

I didn't buy it, I just watch it on youtube. All three of the levels are on there. [/quote]

Is the third level on there? I've never found it but haven't looked for a bit.
  • scubakat67
    scubakat67 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Thanks @TeaBea ... I am ALL about form. Bad aerobics is what gave me knee problems to begin with. You'd think they would have recovered from such over-zealous classes from the late-80s!
  • rachrach66
    Options
    I have the DVD for No More Trouble Zones as well. When I was buying up all theselse DVD it didn't cross my mind to use YouTube.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    Akilia, I did it for 60 days last October. I lost 38 lbs, and muscle tone started to look great. After 30 days, you will loose weight if you eat right. I mean if your goal is to loose weight. You will get other benefits too. The harder you work, the better your muscles will look. My mental state and will power increased too. A good stretching routine once a day is a good idea too. I'm starting again on Oct first this year. I started a support group for it. It is high impact on knees and ankles, but there are ways around that.

• treehugnmama
    treehugnmama Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    I'm starting in tje next few days too. it's supposed to rain for next 4 days so as soon as the rain starts and my walks are out I'll switch to jm
  • Sillybee727
    Sillybee727 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I just finished level 2 today and have been really loving it. When I first started each level it was soooo hard, but it gets easier in just a few days.

@scubakat67 the beginning of level 2 was a little tough on my knees because of more squats and lunges, but a rest day and then form adjustment,and I was fine.
  • cmv2003
    cmv2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I just did day 1 of level 2 today. I'm really enjoying the challenge, and definitely feeling stronger. My knees have been fine so far, although my lower back had been a little achey from all the jumping.
    I switched the cardio to lower impact exercises for a couple of days and that made a big difference to the back pain.
  • akilia112010
    Options
    I'm definitely going to start doing it on the 1st to help me keep track better. I tried to do it last night but the kids kept getting in the way so I gave up after the 50th interruption.
  • rachrach66
    Options
    yeah I started dating this morning I'm coming down with a cold I'm pretty sure my son gave to meI do my workout with Jillian first thing in the morning while the kid is asleep try doing that it might work out better for you
  • rachrach66
    Options
    My arms and legs are sore! Hopefully tomorrow will be easier
  • cmv2003
    cmv2003 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Just did level 2 day 2. It was brutal- my arms and shoulders are so weak!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    After I finish this I wonder if it would be better to do it again or do ripped In 30?