SUP Stand up Paddleboards

Options
meritage4
meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
Went out for 1. 5 hour paddle today. I have a heavy stable board. Sure feeling the workout with sore muscles-not will recover and be out again in a day or two. Any other SUP paddlers around?

Replies

• meritage4
    Options
    really no-one else does this? You all don't know what you are missing....
  • mccraee
    mccraee Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have and love it. I agree that it's a fun way to be active and work the muscles!
  • FitEqualsSmile
    FitEqualsSmile Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I do, I do. I love it. It is a great core workout and a great excuse to get on the water. I can not wait for summer each year to hit the lake!!
  • Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I've only done paddle boarding once, but I do SUP yoga and love it!
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I leave for Hawaii on Thursday and plan on trying it a couple of times while there.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    meritage4 wrote: »

Patience! It might take more than 2 hours for someone to read your message and reply.
  • Bocch
    Bocch Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I did SUP once last year, liked it. I would like to warn thershegoes, that you might find you are using muscles that you have not used before. I would like to do it again but I do not have that kind of opportunities.
  • Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    Yep SUP yoga is awesome. I've done that a few times. Unfortunately due to work and study times I keep having to miss out. Bring on January when I'm finished studying. Then I can start up again.
  • meritage4
    Options

Glad to see that others have tried and liked this. I feel there is so much more to fitness than doing the same video programs or weights.

SUP does use your whole body and especially those core muscles. After 2 hours paddling I did feel my muscles. I'm out today again with friends.
    lorrpb wrote: »

Patience! It might take more than 2 hours for someone to read your message and reply.

LOL I did wait a DAY!

• Vladimirnapkin
    Vladimirnapkin Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I get out occasionally and find it very challenging and fun.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I tried it 2 weeks ago

Hated it

But then the lagoon was freezing and all I could think was "can't fall in, can't fall in"

TBH I'm a strong swimmer but generally hate boats, and it's too close to a boat to me...never worked out why I dislike being on the water like that ...I certainly love the romance of the sea
  • sohifirefly
    sohifirefly Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have done it in the past and loved it! Definitely something I will do again. We have a great lake/river near downtown Austin that is perfect for it.
  • mikeschratz
    mikeschratz Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    My wife and I SUP weekly and would do it more other than work gets in the way. We live in Coastal Georgia and have great rivers and lakes for awesome workouts. If you are into SUP and looking for SUP friends, please friend me.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options

I do, but not with frequency...usually only when we are camping at a lake which means we're usually out of state...I live in the desert so SUP opportunities or few and far between...but it's fun.
  • Wonderwomanfitnessgirl
    Options
    Yep I SUP been a while recovering from knee surgery hope to get back soon hard core Irish water
  • GeoguyBri
    GeoguyBri Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I do love to SUP! Haven't been getting out as much as I like recently, just other things going on, but did do a new distance PR (14.6 miles) this past Saturday. Not only a good workout, but also REALLY good for my soul and my mind. :)0e97qtbjqcwi.jpg
    Sup.jpg 18.1K
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I haven't tried SUP but I used to be national champ in outrigger paddling - where it was derived from. Awesome workout especially core and back! love it..