Zumba for Kinect

Options
Does anyone have Zumba for Kinect (XBOX360)? If so, has it worked for you? Do you enjoy it? I have it and have not gotten too into it yet but wanted to try again. I hear the classes are alot of fun, but haven't been to one yet. Maybe I will and see how it goes. Any thoughts? :smile:

Replies

• tahagerty
    tahagerty Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have it for the Wii and it is fun! The steps can be difficult though, it took a few times of some dances to learn all of the steps. I am hoping to try a class soon too!
  • shellbell1993
    shellbell1993 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I want to know this too...:smile: Just bought the system and we have the Dance Central and it in itself is a great workout!!!
  • janbottorf
    janbottorf Posts: 12
    Options
    My name is Jan, and I am a Zumbaholic! LOL. To answer your specific question, I do not have it for Kinect. Please take the plunge and go to a live class! You will LOVE it! It's so much better to be in that party atmosphere with a room full of people, rather than doing it by yourself in your living room. You get so much more out of it. I'm actually a Zumba fitness instructor, that's how much I enjoy it! :) When I first started doing Zumba I was burning at least 800 calories an hour doing it. I've lost probably 30 pounds since then, so my body is much more efficient, and also getting used to the movements, so now I "only" burn about 600 calories in a one-hour class. And it's so much fun, you don't even realize that an hour has gone by. It's great--dooooo it! :)
  • mom_2_girls
    mom_2_girls Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I do not have the kinect, but I do have the Zumba for the Wii. I enjoy it. I can even get my husband and kids to join in occassionally. It is a very good workout (a lot of sweat).
  • jenny_fur
    jenny_fur Posts: 73
    Options
    I have it for the Kinect and I LOVE it! Nothing is better than the real thing, but this is very fun.... GREAT workout too!
  • scarletclue
    Options
    I really enjoy it! Even some of the workouts that I have repeated several times don't seem old yet. I am doing the workouts with a combination of things, so I am not sure what its exact effects are - but I do really look forward to the Zumba more than other things! It was a little complicated to get set up, annoying when you just want to go in and workout without going through the workout calendar, but it gives you more workout options that way.
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I haven't done the Zumba on the Kinect but have done the Dance Central and loved it. I have been going to regular Zumba classes for about 4-5 months and love them. They are so much fun. I look forward to going and regret when I have a conflict and can't make it. I would totally buy the Zumba for the Kinect. I have thought of getting a Kinect just for that reason. Although I do have a Zumba DVD and it's not as much fun as the live class. The instructors are great and feeding off the energy in the room really helps me stay energized. Either way you go you can not lose.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I have the zumba-kinect but haven't really gotten into it yet. I have only tried it once and then I focused on 30ds. I plan doing it once I am done with 30ds! It was fun the few couple times I have done it! :)
  • darconnor
    darconnor Posts: 49
    Options
    I hate to fall into stereotypes...but here it goes! I am a black girl and I have rhythm. Well... that was what I thought until I went to a Zumba class and all of the white people were moving like I only wish I could! lol I had never quite been on that side of the table in my 53 years. So I went and got the Kinect version so I could learn a few of the moves in private before I went back to the class and made another complete fool of myself. LOL I love Kinect period. It's a great way to get moving when you get get out and about. I haven't made it back to a live Zumba class yet. But...when I do - I WILL BE READY!
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    LOL. That is too funny, because I am a white girl who has NO rhythm what so ever but my friends tell me it is fun none the less. I have been thinking about going but I hate to pay for the classes when I have already paid for the Kinect version. So I might try to get back into the Kinect game, along with my runs 3 times a week and see where that gets me. Thanks for your comments. I appreciate the feedback!
  • txchic_73
    txchic_73 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Scarlet, I agree about it taking some time to just get into it. I hate that part as well. But I may try again this week to see if I can get back into it. I liked it the few times I did it. Thanks for your comments! I appreciate them!