Also using this for pregnancy??

Options
Aloha! Is anyone else using this app to take weight gain during pregnancy? Any suggestions or different apps to use?

I'm 19 weeks pregnant and have no bump. I'm also not a good eater so I'm trying to watch myself so that my baby comes out healthy and chubby!

Replies

• wubadubalub
    wubadubalub Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im with you here! Im only 7 weeks. And also sucked at eating and was quite underweight when i found out. Aiming to gain alot, with healthy foods!
  • KatEmmaMarie
    KatEmmaMarie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Same here! I'll be 16 weeks this Thursday. I've been worrying that I wasn't eating enough for the little bub, so I'm going to track again to see what my days look like.
  • ashliedelgado
    ashliedelgado Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Hiya! Congrats on your pregnancy. I'm 36+2 and have used MFP to manage my weight gain, and it has worked great. Most people within healthy BMI ranges tend to manually change their calorie goal to gain .5lb a week for the first trimester, and then 1 for the second.

There is the Fit, Fabulous, and Pregnant group full of like minded ladies who have used MFP to have healthy pregnancies and babies!
  • bridgethoganlee
    Options
    Awesome mamas! I found the group and would love to help anyone out in any way I can. Are you all using the Ovia app? It's pretty good. Baby is a hedgehog this week!
  • ewhsweets
    ewhsweets Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    First...CONGRATS TO ALL!!!

I've used MFP for almost 4 years - I'm a fitness junkie. This is the second time I'm using this app during pregnancy. It was awesome for my first and while I was BF (burns tons of calories) but while pregnant really helps make certain I eat 'enough'. 6 weeks with my second and I workout 6 days a week and plan to through the end just like the last time ;)

• enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 weeks...but I'm just ghosting on here for the most part. I'm trying to not be hyperfocused on food and weight gain. This is my last baby and the only pregnancy I wasn't sick as a dog. I'm just trying to enjoy it.
  • iapple80
    iapple80 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm using it and just started counting again. I'm 20 weeks and my doctor told me to eat 1500 calls a day. I've gained 5lbs, but initially I had lost in the beginning, so it's not a true gain. I'm heavy so he wants me to either not gain or even lose a little while pregnant, so here I am!