Going to the gym vs. Working out at home...

Options
13»

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    i go to rec centres and also pay for a weekly 'club' session at my trainer's space, with maximum three other people. the club rocks. it's a formal workout, but also part of my social life now.

i don't talk or hang out and rarely even interact with people in the public space, but still think i like it better than i would at home. except from january through until oh, about april each year. that's when i start changing my mind.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    The gym, hands down. I find it keeps me motivated.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    Think this is the 3rd gym vs home thread that I've seen recently.

I answered the others more seriously. In this case, the answer is the same - - at home - - but the reason is different.

I prefer working out at home because I can do so naked, just like I'm doing now. No other place I can do that at, except a clothing optional resort that I don't visit as often as I use to.

LOL! ;)
  • Acrawford01
    Acrawford01 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    At first I loved to work out at home but then I found a class I loved at the gym.... spinning. I met people and established comfort and people I could go to for advice while working out. I still do some at home but love the gym.
  • Bojemoy
    Bojemoy Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'd say wherever you can be Consistent!

I started off with a lil bench and some weights in the home office.
    A gym opened up 1.5 miles away and sure enough i joined thinking Wow! It's so close!
    But with 2 toddlers and a 12-hr shift at work, guess what?!? I still found myself working out in the home gym.. 11pm or 12am when all chores are done.
    Needless to say, i invested in a power cage and a few more bars & weights and brought the home gym down from the upstairs office to the Garage and never looked back!
  • singletrackmtbr
    singletrackmtbr Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

I answered the others more seriously. In this case, the answer is the same - - at home - - but the reason is different.

I prefer working out at home because I can do so naked, just like I'm doing now. No other place I can do that at, except a clothing optional resort that I don't visit as often as I use to.

LOL! ;)

Be careful with your "equipment."

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    sgt1372 wrote: »

LOL! ;)

Be careful with your "equipment."

The "equipment" is of normal size. So, it doesn't get in the way and isn't likely to get "caught" in anything. I do, however, wear shoes. :)
  • helenrenee007
    helenrenee007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love both, some days I just don't have time to hit the gym so I do my quick Iso-Bow Isometrics workout at home which only takes a few minutes a day, build strength and muscles quickly!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I have spent two years and small fortune on equipment for home.. where I live the nearest gym is 45 minutes away across a toll bridge in another city. I sort of live out in the country.

• MarriedToTheBob
    MarriedToTheBob Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love not going to the gym . It used to be motivating but then I started getting easily stressed and anxious whike there so I stopped going. I now go to a park and power walk for an hour.
  • erianswilliams
    erianswilliams Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Both

We have a treadmill, some dumbells, and a kettlebell at home. But I like to get to the gym to use other equipment & work out with my trainer once a week.