Lost 115 pounds..30 left to goal. Woohoo.

Options
jarablue
jarablue Posts: 127 Member
I weighed 328 pounds in 2013. Today I weigh 214. My goal is to get to 185. I had type 2 diabetes, hypertension, sleep apnea (and I mean baad sleep apena) vitamin deficiencies, swollen ankles, mushy calves and so much depression. Well I am still going through the depression. I have bi polar, adhd, paranoid schizophrenia and dissasociative disorder. Had mental health issues since birth from both of my parents who were sick. I still think the FBI and Federal prosecutor of MA state is after me but you know what? I am going to push myself to my goals in life and try to not live in fear anymore. First goal is to get to 185. The depression is being pushed back by the 12 miles I walk every day. I think anyone can do this. All I did was stay strict at 1300 to 1500 calories a day and walk walk walk. Nothing else. Nothing crazy. I lost almost 85 pounds in 8 months. Still going. Anyone can do this. This forum has been such a big help, so has my wife. My wife is my anchor. But really, reading everyone's stories on here pushed me to keep going. You guys really got me through some tough times. Anyways I didn't want to put myself out there because of my thinking I am being constantly watched but you know what? *kitten* em. Words to live by :)

me_2014.jpg

me_now_2016.jpg

Replies

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great job...congratulations!
  • CarrieA180
    CarrieA180 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! :)
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    very well done, congratulations!
  • 2bassets
    2bassets Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I'm sure you feel so much better! You are an inspiration!!!!!!
  • Daxxes
    Daxxes Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow - hope you're feeling proud of yourself!! You certainly should. Having multiple health issues to deal with in addition to weight problems and you've still managed to hang in there. Congrats to you AND your wife!!
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Great job! Honest and brave and taking action is how I see you. Very well done - you are an inspiration.
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Great job!
  • thisonetimeatthegym
    thisonetimeatthegym Posts: 1,977 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ok, wow, fantastic. You look handsome! Be kind to your wife, she sounds wonderful.

How is your sleep? People don't know how essential sleep is to mental health.

As one motivational speaker said, the best thing you can do for your productivity is to sleep more. If you don't eat for 5 days you'll be hungry. Don't sleep for five days, psychotic.

Sleep, baby, sleep!

This prayer also works wonders. You might have heard the short version, but the long version makes all the difference.

God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

Living one day at a time;
    enjoying one moment at a time;
    accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
    taking, as He did, this sinful world
    as it is, not as I would have it;
    trusting that He will make all things right
    if I surrender to His Will;
    that I may be reasonably happy in this life
    and supremely happy with Him
    forever in the next.
    Amen.

And before the naysayers start trashing what I said, I'm suggesting these in addition to whatever mental heatlh treatment you are getting.

One more time, fantastic job!
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I have Bipolar and possibly diabetes if you wanna add me
  • txsusango
    txsusango Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Wonderful! Congratulations!!
  • jonnie256
    jonnie256 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Nice job! So you walk like 4hrs a day?!
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • ggeise14
    ggeise14 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    WOW - way to go!
  • ThinkHealthyToday
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! It is so motivating
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!