Chocolate low calorie anything, I just want chocolate right now. Recipes/ideas?

Options
monaleerez
monaleerez Posts: 73 Member
Please share your low calorie chocolate ideas with me, ESP snacks.

Replies

• rahmanomar763
    rahmanomar763 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a mad sweet tooth, especially after I eat in the evening , The best tricks I use are can of Coke Zero or worthers sugar free
  • JenHuedy
    JenHuedy Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    How low cal? I just discovered Dark Chocolate Kodiak Power Cakes flapjack mix and love it. It's about 200 cals for a serving, but has 14g protein. I make it with egg whites and greek yogurt for extra protein & and a tablespoon of chocolate chips for yum and it makes an nice 300 cal high protein meal or snack that reminds me a lot of chocolate cake.
  • TheBelAndDanielle
    Options
    Trader joes makes a 100 calorie chocolate bar. It's a pretty decent size for 100 calories! I found them on the shelves above the frozen food section. They make them in milk and dark chocolate :)

Also Fiber One 90 calorie brownies are awesome and taste pretty rich, given they're not expected to be anything special.
  • zilkah
    zilkah Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Just bought Enlightened frozen hot cocoa ice cream a few days ago... 160 calories per cup , decent protein and fiber too
  • monaleerez
    monaleerez Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmm, all sounds so good right now or anytime...
  • aprilzabeth
    aprilzabeth Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    half a banana, 1 cup milk, 1 tbs cocoa powder. Put it in a blender or food processor and you have a thick chocolate shake.

Or try a microwave brownie. Use peanut butter instead of oil. You don't need an egg.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    Options
    Trader joes makes a 100 calorie chocolate bar. It's a pretty decent size for 100 calories! I found them on the shelves above the frozen food section. They make them in milk and dark chocolate :)

Also Fiber One 90 calorie brownies are awesome and taste pretty rich, given they're not expected to be anything special.

Another vote for Fiber One Brownies! The first time I had one I was a little disappointed at the size of it, but they taste really nice and make a decadent-feeling snack for relatively few calories. If you cut it into small pieces you can (try to) nibble on it more slowly and make it last longer too! :)

Another chocolatey treat I like is the fat-free Fudgsicle bars which are 40 calories each. My local store(s) seem to have stopped carrying them lately and I miss them!

I also used to buy dark chocolate and just have a square or two of that (65-130 cals for the brand I bought), but I've got out of that habit and don't feel the need for it any more. :)
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding.
    Chocolate protein shake.
    Fiber one bars.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Another vote here for the fiber one brownies. They really are so good and only 90 calories. But also, there is an instant pudding from WonderSlim. 90 cals, tastes great. I had the banana last light. Such a treat.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Ghiradelli dark chocolate squares - more chocolate goodness, less sugar

Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice tea, milk & a little sugar, yum

Reduced calorie hot chocolate..... 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa, 1 cup Splenda sugar substitute, 2 1⁄4 cups nonfat dry milk powder. 21 servings (Food.com) - add 3 Tbls. to boiling water

I wish I could tolerate Fiber One (chicory root) - nasty side effects for me
  • aliem
    aliem Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    half a banana, 1 cup milk, 1 tbs cocoa powder. Put it in a blender or food processor and you have a thick chocolate shake.

Or try a microwave brownie. Use peanut butter instead of oil. You don't need an egg.

I do the same thing with the banana, but without the milk. It is more pudding like. Sometimes I freeze it for a more ice cream like version. I up the cocoa, because I like really dark chocolate. Up to you how much or little you use!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Well you can go the 'one square of dark chocolate' route.

Or if you want something more nutritious, chocolate protein powder/protein bar, or yeah, I love Kodiak cake dark chocolate pancakes too. Those kill my chocolate cake cravings, I just mix it with water and it's 190 calories and 14g of protein (plus fiber). I do put nut butter on top though.

I like yasso fudge bars for 80 calories too!
  • magicpickles
    magicpickles Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Chocolate protein powder?
  • TheBelAndDanielle
    Options
    I think I need to go pick up some kodiak pancake mix.... you guys are selling me on it!
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    aliem wrote: »

I do the same thing with the banana, but without the milk. It is more pudding like. Sometimes I freeze it for a more ice cream like version. I up the cocoa, because I like really dark chocolate. Up to you how much or little you use!

Love dark cocoa powder too! Around 10 calories/tbsp.
    I love to sprinkle some on greek plain yogurt - some stevia and toasted nuts and banana slices yum!
    I even sprinkle some on cottage cheese with stevia.
  • lemmie177
    lemmie177 Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    aliem wrote: »

Love dark cocoa powder too! Around 10 calories/tbsp.
    I love to sprinkle some on greek plain yogurt - some stevia and toasted nuts and banana slices yum!
    I even sprinkle some on cottage cheese with stevia.

I absolutely rely on unsweetened cocoa powder for chocolate cravings. Mostly just put it in my smoothies.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    It depends on what you mean by low calorie. For me that would be <50 cals. Maybe 2 Hershey's kisses. <100, try mini candy bars now that Halloween sales are strong (at least up here).
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I just keep Lite Hershey's syrup in my refrigerator. If I want something chocolately, I either have that over a sliced banana, or make a glass of chocolate milk with it using Fairlife milk (extra protein with that).