maintaining on very high calories

Options
does anyone else maintain on very high calories like 2700+?

i see so many diets especially by fitness trainers for 1500-1800kcal and people saying they gain at 2000 i lose weight at 2000 im outchea eating above that and maintaining.

your thoughts?

Replies

• ilovesweeties
    ilovesweeties Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I do! I am quite tall, I walk a lot and when I run 3 times a week, I average about 2700 burned according to my FitBit. So, I also lose on around 2000, which I really wish I had known when I started all this.
  • neelaj93
    neelaj93 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    yes so do i. i think a lot of people feel that they have to fit the standard in terms of it when they can actually eat a lot more and it turns out to be very unhealthy! :)
  • chamberlainsamantha46
    Options
    Goodevening friend iam working my butt off working out every day twice a day Taebo and walking everyday iam focused on fitness iam blessed God is my personal trainor eating healthy and eating small portions and drinking water with lemon and limes
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    neelaj93 wrote: »

i see so many diets especially by fitness trainers for 1500-1800kcal and people saying they gain at 2000 i lose weight at 2000 im outchea eating above that and maintaining.

your thoughts?

1500 - 1800 calorie diets are generally for weight loss. In terms of someone's maintenance calories, it's going to be highly dependent on their physical stats and activity level...someone who is taller and very active is going to maintain on more calories than someone who is short and works a desk job.

My wife maintains on around 2300 calories...she's about 5'2" and she runs and lifts...but she also works at a desk. I maintain right around 3,000 but...I'm pretty active in terms of regular exercise, but also work at a desk and I'm 5'10"...my buddy is a trainer and is on his feet most of the day...he's about 5'6" and eats around 5,000 calories per day.
  • mommarnurse
    mommarnurse Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    neelaj93 wrote: »

your thoughts?

1500 - 1800 calorie diets are generally for weight loss. In terms of someone's maintenance calories, it's going to be highly dependent on their physical stats and activity level...someone who is taller and very active is going to maintain on more calories than someone who is short and works a desk job.

My wife maintains on around 2300 calories...she's about 5'2" and she runs and lifts...but she also works at a desk. I maintain right around 3,000 but...I'm pretty active in terms of regular exercise, but also work at a desk and I'm 5'10"...my buddy is a trainer and is on his feet most of the day...he's about 5'6" and eats around 5,000 calories per day.

I can't fathom 5,000 calories. Just the volume of food. The time dedicated to eating that much also...just can't imagine lol.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Nope. I gain on 2000 :) I'm lightly active, short, and in a healthy weight range.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I maintain on 4300 calories.

Everybody's activity level and weight is different. TDEE is not a cookie cutter, its there to get you in ballpark.
  • powered85
    powered85 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Haven't got an exact number but figure around 2800-3100 to maintain depending on the day. Do a lot of running/insanity/walking and a bit of lifting outside of a sedentary job.
  • rainbow198
    rainbow198 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I do. Even though I'm a little older and very sedentary during the workday, I'm tall and pretty active everyday - twice a day most days of the week.

However, I tend to eat at a slight deficit during the week and go over maintenance on the weekends. It all balances out and I don't lose or gain.

It was challenging figuring out how to stop losing when I reached my goal, but avocados, nuts and peanut butter has become my best friends.