Low carb to low cal?

Options
I've been on low carb for two months, I've lost (at last weigh in) almost 20 pounds. My problem is, I'm going on vacation in nine days and it's a cruise, so that means all you can eat whenever you want. I'm wanting to switch to low calorie when vacation starts because while I've been able to keep carbs out in my home, driving twelve hours to Florida and then being stuck on a ship with not many healthy choices, I feel like I'll deprive myself completely. Has anyone switched low carb to low calorie? Did you have any negative effects with it?
TIA!

Replies

• faw1001
    faw1001 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have switched to Low Cal from Keto last week (after a year and a half on and of Keto) because I missed fruit so much and I was unmotivated and not losing on Keto any more. I have had a couple of headaches over the last week but I have started losing again!
    Having been on a cruise last year I know what you mean about the food, although my sister remained mostly LC the whole trip, I ate badly. It was all just too tempting :wink:
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I've been on low carb for two months, I've lost (at last weigh in) almost 20 pounds. My problem is, I'm going on vacation in nine days and it's a cruise, so that means all you can eat whenever you want. I'm wanting to switch to low calorie when vacation starts because while I've been able to keep carbs out in my home, driving twelve hours to Florida and then being stuck on a ship with not many healthy choices, I feel like I'll deprive myself completely. Has anyone switched low carb to low calorie? Did you have any negative effects with it?
    TIA!

Do you plan on switching to watching calories after you get to goal, or is low carb going to be a lifestyle change?

If you plan on low carb forever, then my advice is stick to it (while on a cruise). Because you're always going to have temptations.....that's life.

If you are going to switch to watching calories eventually, then starting NOW is a good idea. This is why low carb never worked for me. It wasn't a lifestyle change for me (I gained the weight back).
  • manpizzle
    manpizzle Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You would just go low cal for the vacation period and be prepped for low carb upon return. I'm doing keto, and once Halloween comes around I'll go nuts! But will be back on it asap.
  • jenasislovesyou93
    Options
    Thanks guys! I was super psyched when I came back and gained a total of 2.4 pounds! I totally thought I would gain at least 8-10. I was unable to count anything on vacation but now I'm back and sticking with 1200 calories a day. I upped my carb goal and feel pretty good about this until goal is reached. Only 12 pounds to go!!!