Never mind

Options
know_your_worth
know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
edited September 2016 in Motivation and Support
Don't know how to delete. Changed my mind about the post.

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    I dip in and out all the time as I get fed up
    But what keeps me going is putting it all back on again. I gave all my large clothes away and I don't want them back
    Eat at maintenance for abit until you want to start again

Well done on your weightloss you have done so well
  • kenposempai
    kenposempai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    First, 60 lbs is an INCREDIBLE achievement. Way to go!
  • rynshermy
    rynshermy Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    This is the hardest thing for me. I do really well with my diet and exercising, then I'd randomly start to binge on something in really don't need. It would lower my self-esteem and just make me feel worse than I already did.

Just a year ago, I noticed that I was at a stall with my weight loss. I was eating right and exercising regularly but still not losing any weight. That made me feel depressed and I just started to binge on junk food. It made me not want to exercise anymore also.

I realized that I was actually depriving myself too much. I wasn't getting in enough calories. I also realized that a small amount of the foods I usually binge on is actually a good thing. So I do eat junk food, but every now and then..and in small portions. Now I'm not craving that food and I'm back to my weight loss. Deprivation can have a huge impact weight loss and your motivation. This might not work for others, but I'm not the type of person who benefits from a strict diet. Its a mental thing with me. I need to be comfortable with whatever I'm doing.

Maybe try to figure out how to get rid of your cravings and stop the binging before it starts. Find what works for you.
    I've lost over 100lbs in the last 16 months with exercise and a healthier diet (with a bit of my comfort foods thrown in there). Maybe switch up your exercises also. Find something that you really enjoy doing.
    One thing I would suggest that's kind of out there is aloe vera... I buy the leaves and cut the gel out. Aloe Vera gel can give you energy and help with stress and depression, and a billion other things. It also helps with digestion. It can prevent extra sugar and calories from being stored in the body. I love eating a bit of it before a workout, that's really helps me get focused. If you cut it correctly, it shouldn't have a taste. It could be a little weird, but it should make you feel pretty good. If you're interested in trying aloe vera, let me know and I'll give you some tips on how to cut it and consume it.

This is a long comment, so sorry.. But I have one more suggestion that could really help you if you're interested.
    I'm starting a fitness challenge for October for my mfp friends. It'll help motivate us and keep us active. If you want, feel free to add me and we'll be starting the challenge on the 1st. I think it'll be fun. It could be a big help for you. Having friends on here is such an essential to keep us on track and in the game.

I'm always here if you need some motivation or support. Try some new things and find what works for you. You can do it. Congratulations on the weight you have lost so far! Stay strong and keep pushing!
  • know_your_worth
    know_your_worth Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys! I didn't think anyone saw my original post. I appreciate your input!