Not a newbie but looking for maintenance pals with similar interests

Options
Hi!
I am not new to mfp but am looking to make some long term friends to create a little support network for each other. I have just lost ~17kg, but sadly not for the first time.... I am hoping it will be the last time though and that I can get to grips with this tricky thing called maintenance. I am getting more and more interested in nutrition and increasingly plant based diets although I don't adhere fully to this at the moment and would not want to put any labels on myself. I am also getting into running and would be keen to have friends with these interests. If this sounds interesting to you please feel free to add me x x

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I've been in maintenance for a few months now, so far it's been good, and I have not gained back any weight, I'm actually still below my original goal. Weight swings from 1-3 lbs at times mostly due to water weight off and on from high sodium meals/weekends. I still log my food, exercise 6 days a week, and am now working on building some muscle although at maintenance level for calories it's slow. With exercise I eat an average of 2500-2700 calories a day and maintain my weight. I think, for me, the key is going to be keeping up on the exercise, so I won't change much until I build the muscle I want, then I'll probably drop it to 4-5 days a week exercise for the long term and see how it goes by adjusting down to 2300-2400 calories a day. The next thing I'm learning is how to pay for a high calorie day. If I do it, I must pay for it. I must keep that in my mind at all times. Sometimes it's enough to stop me from over-indulging, other times it just means I must be diligent the rest of the week.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Have a look at the 'Maintaining Weight' section of this site - there is lots of useful tips for maintaining! I found it quite useful when I was transitioning to maintenance to see how others were finding it. :)