Looking for someone to talk to and some new friends!

Options
Hey, I'm Birkleigh. I struggle with an eating disorder that generally includes restricting meals, overexercising and fasting. (The original diagnosis was anorexia nervosa, but it changed to EDNOS when I weight restored.) However, last summer I was hospitalized for it and was put on a medication that made my weight skyrocket. I gained around 60 lbs in just a year. :/ I also struggle with depression and anxiety. My current weight is around 182 lbs, although I look a lot lighter. I'm 5'4 and I have a very attractive face, but my recent weight gain has caused my eating disorder stress to be awful, so I guess that's why I'm here. Weight loss has never been that hard for me, but the medication I was on made it almost impossible. I'm off that medication now and my goal weight it 120 lbs. If anyone needs help with motivation I would love to talk and meet new friends. :smiley: Please message me if you want to talk!

Replies

• GalatiansTwoTwenty
    Options
    Hi, Birkleigh! I also struggle with depression and anxiety greatly. I have been heavy all of my life and get nervous when I begin to lose weight - I use weight to protect myself. I do encourage you to continue to message here. Just getting daily notes from others who have the difficulties we deal with has helped me so much. It is only my 15th day here, so I am pretty new to MyFitnessPal, too. You are in my prayers.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    Hi Birkleigh - I am in ED recovery. I was never 'underweight' but I have recently gained about 12 pounds so I'm sitting at the high end of healthy. I want to lose around 7-10 pounds to be comfortable but I know I have to tread very carefully and be very aware of how I'm feeling throughout this process. I just wanted to send my good luck your way and let you know you aren't alone in this. We'll be here to support you.