How do you lose your belly

Well I started two months ago and I'm down 33 lbs I don't feel like my stomach is going anywhere how do I lose it any ideas

Replies

• Habiteer
    Habiteer Posts: 190 Member
    Can't target belly fat, unfortunately fat will disappear faster in some areas than others. Just gotta diet and exercise for long enough until you slim up all over and your belly will eventually disappear too.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited September 2016
    The most popular advice seems to be weight lifting!! I still had a slight pot belly when i was down at my goal weight, but i couldn't lose anymore weight as the rest of me was skinny.

For many people the tummy area is the first place they gain and the very last to lose. So if you're still a ways away from your goal weight, then rest assured there is still hope that you will lose around your tummy, it just tends to hold on for dear life :mad:

ETA: You can't target just one part of your body or spot reduce, the weight will come off where it comes off, we just have to go with it.
  • Kelbelb75
    Kelbelb75 Posts: 90 Member
    I have also lost 33lbs and my belly is the last area to lose fat etc. I do cardio and weights. Hopefully persistence will pay off.
  • Jeyradan
    Jeyradan Posts: 164 Member
    As others have said, you can't spot-reduce. Your body decides where the fat comes off, unfortunately; not you - and belly fat is usually the first to appear and the last to disappear.

For general tips, though, this thread is useful:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Lose more bodyfat.
  • duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    I've never lost my stomach fat, but that's because I failed and gained some weight back. I know that if I had lost about 10 more, it would be pretty much gone. So just losing more weight should help things a bit. Other than that, either recomp, or do some strength training. I'll find out this time when I get there.
  • nicolegirl82
    nicolegirl82 Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks everyone
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Just have to keep losing...the belly is primary fat stores for most men and many women...primary fat stores are first on, last off.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Although you can't spot reduce, strengthening your stomach area will help pull it in. Do planks as part of your exercise routine. I had good results that way.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Unfortunately stomach fat is one of the last to go for many many people, me included. Sounds like you are on the right track, just keep at it!
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Agreed with all of the above.. I've lost like 90lbs and still have the mini Randy Bobandy gut.

It will get smaller if you continue eating at a deficit.
  • Im 20-25 lbs to goal and still have some belly fat 4 years later. I do all sorts of workouts too. I mean its a LOT smaller than it was but still have some. for some it will be slower than others just takes time and patience.
  • PinkPixiexox
    PinkPixiexox Posts: 4,142 Member
    This will take time and patience. Unfortunately, we can't spot reduce fat (How good would that be?!) - we just have to keep eating at a deficit and waiting it out :)