Body Weight Scales

Options
Hi all...

10 days or so in and i feel the the need to see if i have lost any weight. I started at my in laws who have a bathroom scale but we don't have one at home. (97Kg hoping loose around 20kg)

Does any body have any recommendations ? tips on models to avoid ? I have seen online fancy devices that measure body fat , muscle mass etc etc , which are kind of appealing but do i need all that ? is it not just more to go wrong ?

I am quite drawn to the sort that wifi/blue tooth with ones phone so all the data can sync with MFP.

Thanks

Chris

PS what about a small food (portable) food balance ? anybody use these ?

Replies

• 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    I have an ozeri pronto at home and at work for food scale.

We have a Withings ws-50 scale and love it. The automatic recording of weights is a nice feature. The body fat calculation is good for trends, but not accurate enough for spot measurements. I would love a withings cardio, as I need to watch heart-related matters having hypertension, but not enough to justify replacing a perfectly good scale.
  • criiisdaw
    criiisdaw Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thnaks for you reply.. i forgot to check in after i bought the same one as you !

its great. I am finding it gives me the extra motivation i need. I love the data
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Ha! I was just thinking of this message a few hours ago.. Amazon's deal of the day for today is a Withings Body Cardio for $135, versus the normal $180. For 25% off, that's enough for me to make the upgrade and gift our Body Analyzer to a sister in law who's working to lose weight too.