Scale Preference

Options
What sorts of scales to you guys prefer? I have a Sunbeam that I bought cheap from wal mart and I really want to get something better and a little more accurate. My scale says I weigh 127, my moms biggest loser digital scale said 131 last night, but that was after dinner.

Has anyone used this one before and how would you rate it for accuracy?
Eatsmart Precision Plus Digital Bathroom Scale

http://www.amazon.com/Eatsmart-Precision-Bathroom-Technology-440-Pounds/dp/B0032TNPOE/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1310393733&sr=8-5

Replies

• mapinkerton
    mapinkerton Posts: 147
    Options
    Just use the same scale, at the same time, with the same amount of clothes on. You will weigh different at different times of the day, on different scales, with different clothing on.

EXAMPLE: I weigh naked in the morning when I get up after I have gone to the bathroom.
  • oEmmao
    oEmmao Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Just use the same scale, at the same time, with the same amount of clothes on. You will weigh different at different times of the day, on different scales, with different clothing on.

EXAMPLE: I weigh naked in the morning when I get up after I have gone to the bathroom.

exactly, as long as you weigh at the same time and with the same or lack of clothes on, you will get an accurate reading :flowerforyou:
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    After using a couple of the WW models and even after changing batteries they just werent the same so I bought a Taylor digital scale I think it was between $25-30 at walmart because my grandma has had a Taylor for about five years and never had problem and both WW scales Ive had didnt last but year and a half before they started malfunctioning, I love my scale I weighed only 3 lbs less than the doctor scale which they say are most accurate but the only thing is at home I weigh in the morning with minimal clothing where as at the doctors Im fully dressed so really I would say they were close to the same
  • Missfitjeb
    Missfitjeb Posts: 30
    Options
    I try to weigh in the morning each day on my same scale. I'm just wondering if the scale itself is accurate. I have to adjust the dial every time I use it because it's always a little ahead of or behind the 0 line. So I'm just wondering if a digital might be a little better?
  • applebug20
    applebug20 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My old scale broke, and when I bought a new scale and started using it - I automatically gained 10 lbs. Not too happy about that. However - it matched the weight that I was from a doctors digital scale - so go figure. Was I actually 10 lbs heavier all that time? I'll never know - but as my old scale was dying I still found a 10 lb discrepancy between the two. I didn't like my new scale at first - but it now gives me a measurement with a tenth of a point accuracy as well. So some days if I weigh myself and I see that I'm 212.8 and than a few days later I see it consistently saying 212.3 - than I know I have lost a little, even if that big number hasn't moved yet. Another thing, with the old scale - if I weighed myself in the morning - naked, after going to the bathroom - I might get one number, and than after breakfast I might get a higher number (by 2 lbs higher). My new scale reads the same before breakfast AND after breakfast!

The best thing to do is always go by the same scale, at the same time, in the same way - and that gives you the most accurate reading. Everything else is just gonna mess with your head. I bought a fairly inexpensive one at Target, but it was 10 years newer than my other scale and since scales have changed so much - I'd say the newer scales (even bought from Target and Wal-mart) are just fine. Unless you can't read your weight on a regular person scale, you should be fine!
  • ccmulder5
    ccmulder5 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i just ordered the EatSmart Precision Scale 2 days ago from amazon.com.. i am anxiously awaiting its arrival!! the reviews online were AMAZING!!! i'm excited and looking forward to having just 1 scale to go by instead of bouncing from the gym to friends.. etc..
    i'll let y'all know how i like it.. :)