You won't believe what I did today!

Options
Today marks the first day in 5 years of working out ! I used to walk 15+ miles a day in high school , one day I just gave up and I put on 100 lbs because of it , well today after 22 days of counting calories, and putting on 3 lbs , I decided it's time to start working out ! I can do this , I can be fit and healthy again!

Replies

• Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Way to go, keep it up! :)
  • akilia112010
    akilia112010 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Stay positive :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    You walked 15+ miles a day? Everyday? As a serial walker/hiker, this seems like a vast amount even for me. Thats 3.5hrs at a fast pace.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Yay! You got this! :smile:
  • dhimaan
    dhimaan Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You walked 15+ miles a day? Everyday? As a serial walker/hiker, this seems like a vast amount even for me. Thats 3.5hrs at a fast pace.

That does seem like a lot. Good for anyone who can do it. I couldn't though.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Awesome, keep it up! It's hard to do, I just started the whole workout, calorie counting in the last few months. I have a sedentary office job and have had for 13 plus years, the weight creeps up on you. Being diagnosed with high blood pressure and high cholesterol, besides the fact I have an adorable Grandson that I want to see grow up, made me realize it was time for a change!
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Keep it going! Build in small steps so you develop a routine you can stick to.
  • wookiepants
    wookiepants Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    My husband has a job that has him walking 8 to 10 miles per day. 15 miles per day? Good for you!!
    Keep it up!
  • EricaKemp44
    EricaKemp44 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yes I did! lol I was home schooled all through high school and I worked two jobs , I walked to both jobs every day Monday through Friday , and on my step tracker it equaled out to be a little over 15 miles , I also hit the gym after both jobs and worked out a few hours a week. I was very small and very in shape.
  • ashjongfit
    ashjongfit Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Yes I did! lol I was home schooled all through high school and I worked two jobs , I walked to both jobs every day Monday through Friday , and on my step tracker it equaled out to be a little over 15 miles , I also hit the gym after both jobs and worked out a few hours a week. I was very small and very in shape.

Wow very impressive. No wonder your TDEE was so high, you must have been able to eat all day and not have to worry!
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Nothing quite like building some muscle. You will love it!
  • akf2000
    akf2000 Posts: 278 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Walking's great, it's my favourite thing to do outdoors.