Inconsistency and Night Binging

Options
Hi! I'm Liz a sophomore at university and I have a problem where I'll do really well throughout the day until nighttime hits and then I just binge. Any tips for stopping this?

Replies

• aimjolie
    aimjolie Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! Night is the worse time to be eating because you don't have a chance to burn off the calories. I struggle with this nightly. What helps me somewhat is that I plan a nightly snack that is within my daily calorie allowance. I could be some fruit, a 100 calorie chocolate pudding with some reddi whip, 100 calorie snack bag, or whatever as long as don't go over your daily calorie limit. Really enjoy and savor it. When I am finished then I go and brush my teeth for the night. That signals me that nightly eating is over because I don't want to be brushing my teeth several times before I go to bed. Make sure you eat enough during the day, no skipping breakfast than maybe you won't be so hungry at night. Get rid of unhealthy snacks and you won't be tempted to eat any junk at night. If after my snack, I still want to eat, I start thinking what I want to eat for breakfast the next morning telling myself, if you don't fill up on junk tonight, you are really going to enjoy that breakfast tomorrow morning. It's a struggle but there are ways to cope. Good luck!
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when you eat. Maybe you could try eating smaller meals in the daytime so that when nighttime rolls around you have more calories to work with. I tend to do that and have had success.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    How about planning for an evening snack-- build it into your calorie goal for the day?
  • mommaporter11
    mommaporter11 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I used to do the same. Now I set my meals out throughout the day so that I eat my last meal between 9-30 and 10pm. No need to binge when you are eating part of your planned intake so late :)

That is a very smart idea!