Monday, another 'challenge', and photos taken!! :D

Options
Happy Monday everyone! I hope you weekend was fabulous!!! Although I was able to stay away from sweets...I did overeat on other foods....shame shame!!!!
But, instead of ruining today, and hanging my head in shame...I'm looking FORWARD!!!
I'm going to challenge myself again...since its 6 weeks until my birthday, I want to lose 2-3 pounds per week for the next 6 weeks!!! :)
I'm going to STRICTLY log everything that I eat....down to the last little morsel of food...:)

Oh yeah, and this morning before I left for work, I put on one of my swimsuits....(gahhh....that was a bit disturbing) and took photos of myself.....so HOPEFULLY, in 6 weeks I can take more and notice a DIFFERENCE!! :) Perhaps I will share the photos at the end of my challenge...;)

Have a fab day everyone!!! You are SOOOO worth it!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    FYI: with less than 15 lbs to go, a healthy goal is to lose 0.5 lbs/week. Your goal of 2-3 per week, if possible, will result in a loss of a large amount of lean muscle, instead of fat.

I would suggest setting your goal at 0.5lbs/week and eat most of your exercise calories. This would result in a 3 lb loss over 6 weeks but most or all would be from fat, which is the important thing.
  • cjpblue
    cjpblue Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think that is an awsome way to do it. I have never taken the pictures, but I use a similar idea. I will buy clothing that is too small--I can still fit into them, but they look tight and awful-- and then I hang them in my closet. Whenever I get down, or I start to move too far away from my good eating habits I go in and try on the clothing. It is so exciting when I get to wear the clothing in public and even more so when I get to give them away to Goodwill because they are too big!
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    I had never done the photos thing either....but GOSH it was a wake up call....especially the 'back' shot....eeeek....makes me want to steer clear of calories!! haha....GOOD LUCK!