thigh/leg toning exercises

Options
Anyone have any thigh/upper leg toning exercises they find helpful and would like to share? I can only do squats and lunges on occassion due to bad knees so I need some alternatives.

Thanks

Replies

• vetsnatural
    vetsnatural Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Have you tried bracing yourself against the wall in a seated position with legs at a 90 degree angle like sitting in a chair. Hold for 3 minutes and do again. I have bad knees but I will do those and you can go down as low as you physically can. Also, Bicycle movements on your floor are good for Abs and upper leg/thigh toning.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    Have you tried bracing yourself against the wall in a seated position with legs at a 90 degree angle like sitting in a chair. Hold for 3 minutes and do again. I have bad knees but I will do those and you can go down as low as you physically can. Also, Bicycle movements on your floor are good for Abs and upper leg/thigh toning.

ooh good one and you can lift each leg for like 60 seconds to really feel the burn.
  • Angela_MA
    Angela_MA Posts: 260
    Options
    Have you tried pilates? There are some great leg exercises in pilates. I try to incorporate pilates at least once a week to get some variation. Also pilates is easy on the knees! :)
  • myfnkycrfts
    Options
    You can lay in bed one your side and lift and lower your as many times as possible and then repeat it on the other side.
    You can do the same lifting motion while bending your knee which changes the muscle you are stregnthing.
    You can also change up by lifing and lowering the leg with a pointed to as close to your head as possible.
    These all work your inner thighs
  • QueenT24
    QueenT24 Posts: 15
    Options
    You can try laying on the floor on your side, bring both knees toward your chest. Then you are going to lift you top leg (with knee bent) up and down. three sets of ten, and then turn on your other side and repeat.

You can also do standard leg ligts with a weight on your leg.

Another excerise would be to lay on your side, place the foot of your top leg on the floor, place a weight on your inner thigh, and lift. Three sets of ten and turn to the other side and repeat.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I was going to recommend pilates too. Do you have any exercise bands? I have windsor pilates dvds and i really only use the leg and butt on it is 20 minutes and i really works out you butt and thighs i can feel it hours later and while doing it it feels like i am just getting a massage!