Menopause. ..sorry

Options
2»

Replies

• Elaine352962
    Elaine352962 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    good to read these posts. I am 63. Nice to be reminded no matter what our age, eating less and moving more and doing weight training can be done. Plus so many benefits like feeling better. I want to sleep better and ahve more energy all day long. Thankful for the inspirational examples and ideas here. Thank you people!

I totally agree with your response. I am also inspired by the posts on here.
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    My mom is 78 and struggles to stay above Underweight due to her very high activity level. She's recently added strength training to her regimen and wishes she'd started decades earlier due to its positive affects on bone health.

Wow! Your mom rocks. :)
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    I'm 51 and have no idea where I am with menopause as I'm still on the pill and have regular cycles. I get super bitchy, but that could be hunger or not drinking wine!!

Anyway, I've lost 70 pounds and am still rolling. I lost the same 70# back in 2012 and gained it all back. Had nothing to do with hormones and everything to do with not logging or counting calories. Keep at it!!
  • akamran1
    akamran1 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    i want to be a terrifying little old lady that nobody in their right minds would try to pat on the head.

That's my plan too :-)
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    I'm 61, in the best shape of my life, and the lowest weight in 25 years. Remember, at this point in life you have lots of experience of how to accomplish your goals and overcome hurdles. Put that experience to work so you can enjoy the rest of your life.
  • Karihappy
    Karihappy Posts: 116 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I started hot flashes at age 42, had all the crazy perimenopause symptoms of short period, long and heavy period, spotty periods, until finally, at age 48, my periods stopped and I entered menopause. Unfortunately, I STILL am having hot flashes and night sweats, at age 53. Anything I've tried to help this has resulted in throwing off my hormones horribly, so I just suffer through them, hoping someday they will finally stop. But I digress. What I wanted to say is that I always blamed my hormones on all my weight gain, but I have managed to lose over 50 pounds since last August by using MFP and walking. Just jump in, OP. I have faith you will succeed in your weight loss efforts!
    5229779.png