Fellow Extra-Petite Gals, Please show me your 5'0" Success Pictures

Options

Replies

• megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    @jasperdog52554

Thank you! The "booty" was definitely something I have always had but never wanted. I was losing lots of inches and pant sizes after implementing lifting. For the 1st time in my life, I began to worry I would lose it.

But...at my last assessment I had added a quarter inch back even though I had went down a pant size. LOL.

As a side note: The reduction in the appearance of my cellulite has been a nice bonus!
  • janeartist
    janeartist Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 5'0" tall, 63 years old. Don't have a photo yet, but wanted to chime in. I started this program 2 weeks ago, and have lost 5 lbs. Started at 141, now at 136...want to be around 110 or so. I cannot do exercise, as it will flare my fibromyalgia, which would make me go backwards. I committed to do 10 min. of mild stretch exercises twice a week. Calorie goal per day: 1200. Quickly discovered that fresh fruit was exceeding my daily sugar allowance. I'm happy that I can see the breakdown of fats, carbs, sugar, etc., it really helps me wisely choose my food. And I can still have a vodka/diet tonic.
  • Kenda2427
    Kenda2427 Posts: 1,592 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Another shortie here! 4'11' and currently at 125. Have lost and gained repeatedly. I'm now on the upside again. So back to trying to get back to where I was in 2015 and 2013, I would be happy with 112ish and ecstatic at 108 but that's not very realistic for me. At 51 I would be happy to see the 112.
    My profile pic was taken Saturday at the Spartan Beast in Sun Peaks BC, I earned that coveted Spartan Trifecta!
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I am 4'11" and you can see my pictures on the Success Story thread posted today Obese to Triathlete
  • Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Options
    4ft 11
  • Fivefootcaloriecounter
    Options
    125lbs
  • Smaya29
    Smaya29 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • schepaul1991
    schepaul1991 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'11", and when I started my journey I was close to 150. Calorie counting and the discovery of amazing hiking trails close to me brought me to 118, and it took me 6-8 months to get there. I now have a very sedentary desk job, and we have been going through fertility treatments, and I somehow allowed myself to get up to 135! I've started dialing in again recently, and I've been bouncing between 127 and 130 all month, but I'm committed to be down to 123 by the end of March. It's almost hiking season, and I want to tackle some intense hikes this summer, something that I won't be able to do unless I drop some of this extra poundage! We are taking a break on the fertility stuff, and I hope to get myself to a happy 112 by the end of the summer.
  • jbuc07
    jbuc07 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'10.5" I'm currently floating around 140. And, I've discovered I'm shrinking. Only not in the way I want to.. Between the birth of my 5th child, and my prerequisites for nursing school, it's been tough, and I've seen the weight pile on since Christmas. So, I'm back to (truthfully) logging my calories. And trying to exercise. The lowest I've been in my adult life was 120. And I don't think my husband has seen that since we met. Currently, I'd like to get to there, ultimately I think 110-115, but I will have to see the closet I get. Definitely could use the motivation/accountability though!
  • mom23mangos
    mom23mangos Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhere around 5'. Spent most of my life a muscled 95 lb (very, very small frame and no boobs). After 40, got up to 111 and I couldn't take it any more. I was so uncomfortable. There were rolls when I bent over! Started MFP a little over a year ago, started eating healthier and got back into lifting. Dropped back down to 97lbs, maintained there for a while, then stopped logging and gradually went back up to 104. I've been hanging out there for about 6 months without logging. I'm not as lean as I like, but I'm enjoying eating what I want while still working out hard. Profile pics are right after I got DXA/BodPod testing done. 101 & 15% BF.
  • slimstrauss
    slimstrauss Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    5ft mum of 5
    123lbs at the moment, would like to lose another 7-10 lbs. Know how hard it is when you are this height, every pound gained shows!!
  • IC1109
    IC1109 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    pj4raw3du9ub.jpeg
    tskddklspxbe.jpeg
    ufovajqjx8qz.jpeg

That is me at around 115-117lbs a couple years ago. Dress size 4/ S-M

This is me now between 96-100lbs. Dress size 0-2/ XS. Apparently I have bones!!! :lol: (also rocking the blonde). I'm exactly 5ft tall. I will say I looked and felt my best maintaining 95-97Lbs and running 3x per week. I'm about 100lbs right now and it's TRUE!! 5lbs is so clear on a short person!! Time to start running again haha

59rjaecqzqww.jpeg
    tmjnwflknmm3.jpeg
    z416bg4bct3i.jpeg
    z9grps3td4l3.jpeg
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!

:)

:)
    megemrj wrote: »
    Hi everyone! Fellow shortie here 5'1".
    SW 192-195 lbs
    CW 134 lbs
    GW 125 (maybe, it varies)

Before 2013 I never really worked out consistently and my eating was atrocious. My diet has evolved over the years through trial and error and think I have finally found my "thing". I eat HFLC. It's not for everyone but clicks with me. :)

As far as exercise: Currently, I do free weights with SL 5x5 and a little cardio mixed in (very little). I began with mostly cardio when I started my journey years ago and only began implementing heavy lifting faithfully in March 2016. The changes to my body have been more than I ever thought possible!

The below picture is around 195lbs in 2013:
    m904agcl10ow.jpg

The below are from today 134lbs:
    kdjmrkt6yldm.jpg

1d4rd6yhqf36.jpg

You can do it and it is so worth it! I applaud you for taking the first step!

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!