Low carbs High protein

Options
Hi..I'm new to fitness pal. I'm looking for suggestions on foods with low carbs and high protein?

Replies

• jenasislovesyou93
    Options
    Bacon, cheese, ANY meat eas advantedge carb control shakes at Walmart are super good and decently priced. Also muscle milk (a little more than advantedge) has 15 grams of protein and 2 or 3 carbs. Eggs is a huge one. Good luck on your health journey!
  • utesachisholm
    utesachisholm Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you...I eat a lot of meat, fish...and eggs without the yoke. My protein numbers are always low...
  • mordant57
    mordant57 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Meat, fish, eggs. I LOVE pork rinds.
  • utesachisholm
    Options
    Don't eat a whole lot of pork...thanks a mill!
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    Options
    Don't do high protein (low carb) diet, it's bad for your kidneys (kidney stones) and throws the bodies pH into acidic state.
  • utesachisholm
    Options
    Thanks for the tip... I'll definitely monitor. However, I'm not doing a high protein, low carb diet. Reviewing my daily macros, I always seem to go over in carbs and not get enough protein. So I just wanted to get an idea of what others are doing. Attempting to find a healthy balance!
  • jmt08c
    jmt08c Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Don't do high protein (low carb) diet, it's bad for your kidneys (kidney stones) and throws the bodies pH into acidic state.

This is an extreme situation or if you already have predisposed condition. High protein, high fat and low carb works just fine. OP eat the whole egg do not discard the yolk, half of the protein is in the yolk along with all of the beneficial micro nutrients of eggs.
  • utesachisholm
    Options
    Thank you...great info...I always discard the yolk. Noted.
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am starting to do some weight training in the gym so have been told to eat more protein but I know from previous diets that I have done with low or no carbs I find myself lacking in energy. What do you all class as low carbs
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky! You can read the nutritional info and find one that has less carbs/sugar.

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    meat, poultry, fish, gree yogurt, eggs and egg whites, beef jerky,
  • stef_potts
    stef_potts Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi, can people add me please. I'm starting a low carb low fat high protein diet and am lookin for support and friends to share food ideas and fitness plans with thanks