need a flat tummy in 6 days, suggestions

Options
Just kidding! (not really) Having a pool party on Saturday for my husbands 40th birthday. Any tips or tricks for de-bloating? I know after a few drinks I probably wont care what my gut looks like, but I would like to at least start off semi-confident. :)

Replies

• auticus
    auticus Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Surgery? =)

I find that the less you drink the more you bloat as your body hoardes it...
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    fiber fiber fiber.

i like plain ol' fiber one with skim milk and blueberries because I'm paranoid about sugar these days. I wouldn't recommend a huge dose of fiber to start off, or right before bed, though. LOTS of water.

Any kind of twisting exercises (not huge twisting, but cardio boxing where you punch across your body) will help decrease your waist size, but I have no idea by how much. When I first started I dropped two inches off my waist in two weeks, but it sure hasn't been happening like that lately!

Still, fiber is the best advice I can offer.
  • LexyDawn
    LexyDawn Posts: 113
    Options
    This is what I do:
    1-2 weeks prior to an event I cut out dairy, alcohol, salt and caffeine. Drink lots of water and eat smaller, calorie dense meals, instead of larger, low cal meals. I also don't eat gluten, which is bloating, but that is due to an allergy.
  • menjivas
    menjivas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Cut the carbs for the week. Lower carbs helps you de-bloat.
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Low carb for a day or two before, and a glass of wine or two the night before makes me wake up thinner :)
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I like these ideas!
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    A month before my wedding I wanted to shrink my tummy, so I cut out all sugar. and I lost almost 3 inches off my stomach. I would suggest doing that.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    How about drinking plain old water? The more that you drink, the less your body will retain which helps with the bloat factor.

I also agree on the diary.. the only dairy I take in is yogurt and thats because milk makes me bloat like no other..
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Smoke crack
  • cupcakecarnivore
    Options
    Cut the carbs for the week. Lower carbs helps you de-bloat.

Eat mainly protein and super low carb, no diary, no sugar for a week leading up to it. Not necessarily sustainable long term but You will shed water weight like crazy!