Green Juice Ideas Please!!

Hello guys im starting my juice fast for 60 days because im will get marry in 2 months so i need to be fit :)
Can you give me best green recipes and opinions, advices, etc.
The main reason im juicing its because i want to change my habits and detox.
Also you can share your own experience.
Thanks!!

Replies

• Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Congrats on getting married
    Can't give advice on juicing as I haven't got a juicer
    Fitnessblender.com has lots of great exercise for all different levels. That help make me fit
    Drink lots of water to detox
    Good luck
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Congrats on getting married
    Can't give advice on juicing as I haven't got a juicer
    Fitnessblender.com has lots of great exercise for all different levels. That help make me fit
    Drink lots of water to detox
    Good luck

thank you very match for answer!!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Juice fasts are not good. Just eat food in reasonable amounts and workout.
  • FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    But i see a lot of people doing juice fast and lost a lot of weight and water weight...
    and detox
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    FaridPERU wrote: »
    But i see a lot of people doing juice fast and lost a lot of weight and water weight...
    and detox

A lot of people do a lot of stupid things, doesn't make them right.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    FaridPERU wrote: »
    and detox

Where are you seeing these people? This is an honest question. Where you see them matters.

Many posts you see on places like Instagram/Facebook are driven by people who stand to make money from the products that they used to "detox."

Or they are made from people with no real knowledge of nutrition, who posted before/after of whatever "detox" they did who were amazed at their short-term results. Unfortunately, they don't post their pictures weeks later, when the weight came back. By then, they're already posting about the next fad they're trying to lose weight.

Click on the Success Stories tab on these forums. I can guarantee you none of the successful people in those threads got that way because of detoxing.

Also, please have a look at this: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse/p1
  • shari_rd
    shari_rd Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats on getting married! As a naturopathic & clinical dietitian, I strongly advise against juice fasts. You won't get enough healthy fats and proteins from them. Yes, they will make you shed some weight but that would be water weight + loss of muscle mass. And if you do that for a few consecutive days, you'll also see a drop in your BMR (the amount of energy your body burns when at rest) - in other words, once you resume your usual diet, you'll see your weight + body fat % increase. You want to detox? Avoid processed foods that contain ingredients you cannot pronounce - doing so will help your liver and kidneys play their detox functions better.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    edited September 2016
    shari_rd wrote: »
    Congrats on getting married! As a naturopathic & clinical dietitian, I strongly advise against juice fasts. You won't get enough healthy fats and proteins from them. Yes, they will make you shed some weight but that would be water weight + loss of muscle mass. And if you do that for a few consecutive days, you'll also see a drop in your BMR (the amount of energy your body burns when at rest) - in other words, once you resume your usual diet, you'll see your weight + body fat % increase. You want to detox? Avoid processed foods that contain ingredients you cannot pronounce - doing so will help your liver and kidneys play their detox functions better.

If I'm a chemist and can pronounce the chemical names and understand what they are and what they do, does that make the food okay for me to eat but bad for someone who doesn't understand chemistry as well as I?
  • OneHundredToLose
    OneHundredToLose Posts: 8,523 Member
    Avoid processed foods that contain ingredients you cannot pronounce - doing so will help your liver and kidneys play their detox functions better.

Yeah, definitely avoid dihydrogen monoxide. It's in nearly every food you'll find at your local grocery store and has resulted in literally millions of deaths over the years. Scary stuff!

http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Like others have stated, juice cleanses are not really that good for you. If you're insitant on doing some type of cleanse for whatever reason, it would be better to drink smoothies. At least with smoothies you get fibre and you can add protein powders (I like Orgain vanilla with frozen fruit chunks and almond milk).
  • Therealobi1

If you are really clever and can pronounce them will your liver and kidney be fine?
  • Therealobi1
    Also those foods with words that i cant pronounce what are they actually doing to my liver and kidneys to stop them doing their job?
  • Anvil_Head
    Anvil_Head Posts: 251 Member
    Also those foods with words that i cant pronounce what are they actually doing to my liver and kidneys to stop them doing their job?

Well, if you can't even pronounce them, how confused do you think they make your liver and kidneys???

:trollface:
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,487 Member
    Getting ready for a wedding has got to be stressful enough without being weak from lack of calories and protein and spending endless hours on the toilet. Not going to get fit because you'll be to weak to work out. Hopefully you don't pass out walking down the aisle if you even get there without ending up in the hospital from malnutrition.
  • lilstry
    lilstry Posts: 120 Member
    Hello FaridPERU,

First of all CONGRATULATIONS on your wedding!

Secondly, I could go on and make a list of reasons on why juice fasting can be good and bad but that would only get you confused. The honest answer here is that it is both good and bad. I just read an article on fasting with liquids on a website that I think you should visit yourself.. it's all about fasting mentioning several pros and cons.

The bottom line is that fasting for a prolonged period of time can lead to health problems, HOWEVER, and that's what you are concerned about, you WILL lose weight through fasting :-)

As long as you don't overdo it and you just fast for a couple of days before The BIG day, I think you'll be fine and you'll look great!

Wish you best of luck