My fitnesspayl says i have always over 400-600 calories ramaining but i have not lost weight at all

Options
I have been doing this for 2 weeks .. i eat super healthy i record everything on my fitness pal application. I do pilates everyday . and sometimes i train at the gym . I have not lost anything. I am losing motivation and I'm like giving up. You know that the best motivation u can get is when u see u ARE dropping weight every time u are on the scale.. but in my case I'm still at the same weight.. very disappointing.. .. i have my Fitbit and my fitness pal connected .. so i think maybe it is telling me to eat more because im burning calories while walking or doing exercise.. not sure what is happening the situation is that im not LOSING ANY WEIGHT :(

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh everything you eat?
  • ibari33
    ibari33 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    no, but I know the portions because i used to weight my food before so now i know how much i can eat .. :(
  • ibari33
    Options
    o.k i will.. it is just so weird the fact the reports from fitness pay say that i have 600 calories ra=emaining or at the end of each day i say complete diary and it says u will be 73kg in 5 weeks but i have not lost any weight.. im 81kg and my weight should be 76kg.. well i have not lost anything and i m doing exercise too.. very frustrating :(
  • KristinHR01
    KristinHR01 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above posts. You are eating too much. Either you are miscalculating your portion sizes or you are allowing too many calories per day. Have you calculated your metabolic rate to figure out how many calories your body is burning just by functioning and decide on daily calorie goals from there, or just randomly pick a calorie goal?

Weigh your food. If you're doing things correctly you will see a slight weight drop even within 2 weeks. Eat less than you burn in a day and you WILL lose weight. Good luck, keep motivated and don't give up.
  • MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    You cannot accurately eyeball to the gram. You are eating at maintenance. Pilates is strength training, not cardio, so it has little impact on your weight loss.

I've lost 96lbs weighing my food, using accurate entries, not setting my activity level unrealistically high and not going very much into exercise calories in general.
  • BEARSpaternalUNIT
    Options
    Trying to Lose weight just plain stinks! Plateaus are mind numbing. My guess is, you stick with this, flip the scale the bird and watch the weight fall off when it's tired of its temper tantrum! Hang in there!
  • ibari33
    Options
    o.k I will weight all my food and i will eat less. However, I think I am already eating little portions 5 times per day .. for example 7am- i blend mulberries, 5 almonds, half banana and 1 scoop of protein powder. 10am- a skinny flatwhite, 12pm veggies and meat, 3pm an apple and 6pm veggies and meat.
  • shellyld2016
    shellyld2016 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    If you don't eat enough calories it will have the opposite effect on your body. So make sure to eat all or as close as possible your calorie allowance. How are your macros coming out? I know for me if my diet is too unbalanced I don't lose as well. Try minimum 5 fruits and veg, 2 dairy, and healthy oils. Also log water and make sure you are drinking enough. Other liquid don't count.
    Measuring is key. I did it faithfully for years and got out of the habit. I later realized my portions had slowly grown.
    If you do this and still don't lose I would go to the Dr.
  • ibari33
    Options
    perfect.. I will come to all of you in 2 weeks and will let you know if I have dropped weight doing what you are advising me. I hope .. I really hope i start losing because .. it is weird it says im eating less but im not losing weight :(
  • kenposempai
    kenposempai Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Stay positive and I agree with the others. I don't count calories burned for exercise very much. Maybe 1/8 of what it might say. I do measure and weigh EVERYTHING. It makes a difference. Best of luck!
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Does your fitbit add exercise calories into MFP? When I had mine set up to do this the adjustment it made was ridiculously high. I ended up changing the settings and adding exercise in manually.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Seeing meaningful changes when trying to lose 5kg (11 lbs) total will be a much more difficult thing to measure than the change for someone trying to lose 50 kg. What caloric Intake are you maintaining?
  • JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,339 Member
    Options
    Why would you give up after only two weeks? Your body is forever...keep working at it...start using a food scale, start weighing and logging every single food and beverage you put into your body....watch what happens for 5 or 6 weeks, and adjust accordingly...Nothing good happens fast, give yourself some time to figure out where you're truly at food wise. Yes, you weighed before successfully, but obviously since then you've fallen out of the habit of picking good portion sizes or you wouldn't be looking to lose again.
  • kualantokoso
    kualantokoso Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ibari33 Hang in there, in most weight loss programs they tell you that you can lose up to ten pounds in a week. True but getting over that ten pound mark is very challenging. I started this app at around my 9 pound mark and for a week I could not lose any weight, and so to shock the body's metobolism I simply continued to walk but I had a water day. Nothing but water. Fasting is good for you as it allows body to cleanse itself with water ofcourse. It has worked for me perhaps it might work for you. Food for thought. Either way keep it up don't lose hope
  • ryanchunley
    ryanchunley Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :)
  • ThatUserNameIsAllReadyTaken
    Options
    Are you recording your activity? If so, stop. See if it helps.
  • pattymom1000
    pattymom1000 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose the harder.
    I relate. I eat very healthy. Slow slow results. But I know I am going over my calories a lot. When I eat less and weigh foods etc. I do lose But I lose very slowly. Want to lose 7 pounds.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? It doesn't sound like you have much to lose. The closer we are to goal weight, the longer it takes. Two weeks isn't really a long enough time to say for sure that what you're doing isn't working. That being said, no harm can be done weighing your food and tightening up your logging.
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    Weigh and measure everything you eat and only eat back 1/2 of your exercise calories