I WANT PIZZZZZZZZZZZZA!!!

Options
So i ordered some. this is a big test for me, and ièm going to see if i can do it without bingeing in the process. here is what i ordered:

1 small peperoni pizza on multigrain with a light sprinkling of cheese
1 mediterranean greek salad (homemade dressing)
1 order curried chicken wings (baked)

so my plan is to split the whole meal in half and save the rest for tomorrow.

i tried to make substitutions as best as i can, but i really cant survive without pizza. its impossible.

Replies

• ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    So i ordered some. this is a big test for me, and ièm going to see if i can do it without bingeing in the process. here is what i ordered:

1 small peperoni pizza on multigrain with a light sprinkling of cheese
    1 mediterranean greek salad (homemade dressing)
    1 order curried chicken wings (baked)

so my plan is to split the whole meal in half and save the rest for tomorrow.

i tried to make substitutions as best as i can, but i really cant survive without pizza. its impossible.
  • gottaluvboyz
    gottaluvboyz Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!!!
  • greysweatshirt
    Options
    You were very smart to not deprive yourself of pizza if that is something you really like! In the end, you would probably end up binging and eating a lot more than you normally would..or least, that's what happens to me. It's all about moderation, and it sounds like you're practicing that! Good work!!!
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Mmmmmmmm enjoy it:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    you can do it......you can do anything you decide to do...reward yourself by not binging....I always feel so guilty afterwards...now I drink a big glass of ice cold water and think about what I am doing....I put down my fork in between bites....you can do it...enjoy each bite and remember that you get to do it again when you have the other half:smile:
  • 4lizjo
    4lizjo Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I figured out I just really like the pepperoni, cheese, and of course the bread... I've added pepperoni to sandwhiches--- hot- toasted in the toaster oven, just a few slices of pepperoni and cheese, (and I use full fat) just a couple of ounces of cheese. Adds GREAT flavor, and I feel like I get a bit of a pizza fix.

Not depriving yourself of the food you love will help keep you from pushing the panic eating button, but everything in moderation... and eat GOOD food... quality with flavor.

Something else to consider is what is going on in your life, week, today (that has triggered your craving); write about it on the page where you record your food.
  • arthkicker
    arthkicker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Pizza is a hard one to avoid, but splitting the order is a great idea. A small pizza might even last you for 2 suppers and a lunch on Sunday :smile: Drink lots of water before you sit down to eat. Also split the order and put the rest in the fridge right away so it's not sitting on the cupboard tempting you :smile:

I made pizza for supper on whole wheat tortilla's and believe it or not they were better than take out.
    :smile:

Cheers
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    You're the Best! Thanks for sharing.

Uh...about those chicken wings...is there a way to share those virtually? Joking aside, you may want to tend more towards a chicken breast as another consideration. Oddly enough, my Daughter got me caught up into chicken wings until I met the MFP....

I really appreciate your approach to pizza. Enjoy!!!
  • ellelit
    Options
    well the number one cinsideration here is that i don't want to cook. nextime i'll make the dinner using all homemade alternatives... lighten it up even more!
  • ellelit
    Options
    so everything went well...

the pizza was actually pretty good, and afterthe first piece i didn't reallynotice that it was multigrain anymore. its shocking how much cheese was on a hlaf-cheese pizza... makes me wonder how much cheese is on a full cheese one!

i had 1/2 the large salad, with homemade balsmic vin, and 4 chicken wings. i also am massively shocked that i only ate 2 pieces of pizza. SHOCKED!!! this is coming from someone who could easily polish off an entire large pizza and 2L of coke in one sitting and still have room for dessert. i had 2 pieces of the 6, and saved the rest for later.

i realize that there was probably alot of fat in the dinner, but i am not counting calories, so i dont really care. i'm just so proud of me that i ate something i wanted, savoured every bite and stopped when i had enough.

YAY to no overeating!!!!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

the pizza was actually pretty good, and afterthe first piece i didn't reallynotice that it was multigrain anymore. its shocking how much cheese was on a hlaf-cheese pizza... makes me wonder how much cheese is on a full cheese one!

i had 1/2 the large salad, with homemade balsmic vin, and 4 chicken wings. i also am massively shocked that i only ate 2 pieces of pizza. SHOCKED!!! this is coming from someone who could easily polish off an entire large pizza and 2L of coke in one sitting and still have room for dessert. i had 2 pieces of the 6, and saved the rest for later.

i realize that there was probably alot of fat in the dinner, but i am not counting calories, so i dont really care. i'm just so proud of me that i ate something i wanted, savoured every bite and stopped when i had enough.

So Proud of you Ellelit:flowerforyou: Good job!:drinker: :wink:
  • sunshine_girl
    Options
    Awesome job girlie.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options

that is so great.
  • kchabby76
    Options
    Good JOB! You did better than me... i just had 4 slices myself, Its my splurge night.
  • kellya
    kellya Posts: 208
    Options
    you did very well, i am SO happy for you!! take a bow!! :smile:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I like to make mine out of a whole wheat pita... It really cuts down on how big your portion size is and I load it with all the veggies I want and sprinkle a little reduced fat cheese on top. Yumm! I even use pepperoni on it and it only takes a couple of minutes to make.
  • kchabby76
    Options
    I make tortilla pizza. I use crushed tomatoes instead of sauce as it's sugar free. I then use ground turkey and veggies. I crisp the tortilla first in a pan and then bake the entire thing in the oven. I like Mission Carb Balance whole wheat tortillas as they are 21 grams of fiber. Yippee! I don't miss the cheese.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Lindsay, I am so excited for you! This is another huge step in your journey!
    Like someone else said, moderation is key and with that portion control. You are doing great learning how to do this.
    I also agree with not depriving yourself. By having it you know you are able to control how much of it you eat. Every time you are in control will make it easier for the next time.
    Kelly
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I am happy to hear you didn't deny yourself a valid food craving. I know I cannot imagine life without all my favorite foods, so I've had to learn self control on portions. I am so excited that you've done so well!!! Yay Lindsay!
  • arthkicker
    arthkicker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    WTG !!!