400 lbs and Tired of the Weight!

Options
Hi my name is Shay.I'm 20 years old. I currently weigh 403.2 lbs....shocking right? Yea well I'm at a point in my life where I have to change my habits or I'm gonna die at a young age.I miss being able to dance and move around freely as I would like. I am looking for a motivated friend to help me and vice versa. I am very serious about this and would like the same from anyone interested. Thanks for reading

Replies

• charlieandcarol
    charlieandcarol Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi Shay, Good Luck with your journey :smile:
  • RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Hi Shay. I am 35 and 324lb and losing the will to live. I have to get to a healthy size. I am in UK but am highly motivated.
  • djshaybmore
    djshaybmore Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Shay. I am 35 and 324lb and losing the will to live. I have to get to a healthy size. I am in UK but am highly motivated.
    Seems that we both need the motivation. If you need to talk feel free to message me.I want the best for my fellow myfitnesspal peers.
  • Madelinec117
    Madelinec117 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I agree with the advise from Matthew. In my case I find if I eat enough and can avoid splurges where I go way over, I do much better and get less discouraged. If I have a family dinner or eat out, it usually takes several days after before my weight it back to where I was before the event - a lot of it due to sodium.

Also, to keep from stress eating, I will crochet or do needle work, so I will be less tempted to consume unplanned snacks.

Just follow the calorie goal and be patient with the yourself and the process.
  • champchik
    champchik Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There's a lot of encouragement here. I could use some support as well.
  • Cambridge727
    Cambridge727 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm 300.8 pounds was 330 so feel your struggle. I'm committed to my journey and love to help motivate others. Feel free to add we can do this !!!!
  • rfarthing2
    rfarthing2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I started this journey a couple of months back...at least the most recent attempt. At my recent heaviest the scale was well over 400lbs. Today was actually a weigh day for me. The struggles have been there and will continue to be there, feel free to add me if you wish, I understand the importance of the support, not only on here but also in real life. It's not always easy to find. Even though at this time I have lost weight I very much so still struggle with being positive about myself or my body image. The struggle is real. If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask or just reach out, there will always be someone to talk to about these struggles
  • sarahrob215
    sarahrob215 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Shay!
    I am currently 335lbs, I've been messing around losing and regaining the same 20lbs for most of this year and I've just made a commitment to myself that the last 3 months of the year will see a change in my habits.
    I will next see much of my family on Christmas Eve and although I'm still going to be huge I'm determined that there will be a noticeable difference in my weight.

Like ObesityWarrior I'm in the UK, but happy to provide support.
  • HakeemTheDream89
    HakeemTheDream89 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 450 plus range and everyday I'm fighting for my life. I'm here for you all and I could use a dedicated partner/team as well.I'm happy I found this site
  • mnvicke
    mnvicke Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Hi Shay, and welcome to MFP!!

I'm 30, and at the beginning of 2016, I weighed in at 315 lbs. Currently, I am down to 285, and losing a little bit more each week. Honestly, when I started, my goal seemed impossible, and even now, there are days when I feel a little down and hopeless. However, determination kicks in when motivation has bailed, and I keep plugging away! You can do the same thing! If you'd like, feel free to add me and we can help motivate each other!
  • Somebrina
    Somebrina Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello! I weighed 303 pounds when I was 24 years old. That was oh sooo many years ago and I've just recently started using the community because I've been struggling lately and let myself put some of my weight back on and want to get back in track before it escalates further. I decided some outside support from people who understand what it's like would be a help, no matter where they are in their journey.
  • jolive7
    jolive7 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on starting the next chapter of your life, you will not regret this. It is great that you have identified the need to do something at such a young age rather than leaving it later in life. You are going to be so much happier
  • sangeetaiqbal
    sangeetaiqbal Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi can add me and share recipes and help with day to day battle.. ☺
  • ButterflyAngela97
    ButterflyAngela97 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Hi Shay I am Angela. I am soon to be 38 I am currently 294.5 this last time I restarted I weight 322 pounds. Feel free to add me as a friend