I am Doing This Even With ET!!!

Options
So, I was doing great with my weight loss had lost 40lbs which was half of what I needed to lose. :happy: Then, on June 19th I got some news that would change my life forever. I was diagnosed with ET (Essential Thrombocythemia). :sad: It is where my body's platelets decided to not work properly. I am also JAK2 positive basically a little switch on your bone marrow that tells you when you are making to many platelets and shuts off. Mine doesn't so that why I am positive. I was recently put on a medicine called Hydrea (chemo drug pill). I am doing okay with it. I have thinning of the hair but am ok. I am still having pain but it's not as bad as it used to be. I just can't let this condition ruin me. I need to get back to what I started and that's getting healthy for not only me but for my family. :happy: When summer comes I want to be able to spend as much time with them as I can and go on a run/walk. NO MORE EXCUSES!!! I am done letting my condition get me:mad: !!! Here is to a great, great adventure to a healthier me. Anyone wants to join me you are more than welcome to friend me. :happy: :heart:

Replies