Montreal can bite me

Options
ThePoeToaster
ThePoeToaster Posts: 1,681 Member
So, Montreal, in their infinite wisdom, has decided that all pitbull dogs must be banned, and that all pits in shelters must be immediately put down. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Replies

• Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    WTH
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    What?!!?... :cry:
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    And what? You think as Canadians we stand with Montreal. We're disgusted just as you are and rightfully so.

The OP called out Montreal specifically, so I don't think she was blaming all of Canada for this awful decision .
    Villae81 wrote: »
    Your sources op?

It's all over the news, here's one link to CBC News: Montreal

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-pit-bull-dangerous-dogs-animal-control-bylaw-1.3780335
  • kxbrown27
    kxbrown27 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Stupid law.

So once all the pit bulls are gone, are they going to ban whatever dog finds itself on top of the most dangerous list? Ban the rotts, bulldogs, German shepherds and akitas. Then ban the great danes, boxers and mastiffs.

People are dumb.
  • ThePoeToaster
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »
    And what? You think as Canadians we stand with Montreal. We're disgusted just as you are and rightfully so.

The OP called out Montreal specifically, so I don't think she was blaming all of Canada for this awful decision .
    Your sources op?

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/montreal-pit-bull-dangerous-dogs-animal-control-bylaw-1.3780335

Yeah that's true! Sorry for being snarky OP:)

No worries!
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Ask Montreal if they should all put down all the people incarcerated in their penitentiary?

Don't ask them, let's not give them anymore ideas.
  • ncboiler89
    ncboiler89 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    So, Montreal, in their infinite wisdom, has decided that all pitbull dogs must be banned, and that all pits in shelters must be immediately put down. What the hell is wrong with you people?

Well at least you still have your guns
  • DarthJader89
    DarthJader89 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I mean, I shouldn't discriminate but I think the culture they're is just so pretentious. I recently learned that they have the lowest rate of donors to charities across Canada. Which to me -as a broke university student that still donates to charities that mean something to me- that drives me crazy.
  • ThePoeToaster
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

I don't even know what that means...
  • rebel_26
    rebel_26 Posts: 1,826 Member
    Options
    Rachel0778 wrote: »

Your sources op?

@Villae81 don't get out much and has been grounded from TV.

On a serious note that is sad to condemn a breed of dog ...I also had not heard this news
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I'm going to ban Montreal from my travel destinations until they lift this ban. (I've never been, but now I won't go, and they won't get my tourist money)
  • ThePoeToaster
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    I'm going to ban Montreal from my travel destinations until they lift this ban. (I've never been, but now I won't go, and they won't get my tourist money)
    That's definitely going to make the city of Montreal default.

Maybe, maybe not, but they are doing a good job of defaulting all by themselves.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    ncboiler89 wrote: »

Are guns legal there? I seriously don't know.

Wouldn't one need to defend oneself from the occasional Canadian elk, moose or beaver?

** insert your favorite Canadian Beaver joke here.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Rifles and shotguns aren't very different to attain in Canada vs the US. So the guns that would actually matter for hunting/protection from animals are easily available.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    filbo132 wrote: »
    Unfortunately my city (yup I am from Montreal) is famous to police everything you do, soon they will tax the air we breathe.

It sounds like it's time for a revolution