My weight loss journey.

Options
rkgill5
rkgill5 Posts: 5 Member
edited September 2016 in Introduce Yourself
Hello guys, I have started my weight loss journey after having a baby a year ago. To keep myself motivated i am joining the community. I think it's hard to keep yourself motivated when you workout at home with treadmil and weights in the basement, could get boring sometimes :p So I have been working out from 2 weeks, 30 mins and lost 3 lbs. with a good diet. :)

Replies

• rkgill5
    Options
    From past 4 days, I am trying 900 calories a day. So far it is going good, Let's see what the weekend brings >:) always hard to keep my hands off of those birthday cakes.
  • mrjackson65
    mrjackson65 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hang in there, u have what it takes, self motivation
  • deannaaaaaaaaa
    deannaaaaaaaaa Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    900 calories a day, plus working out 30 minutes a day, isnt safe or sustainable! i wish you all the best but please make sure youre eating calories to at least hit your BMR!
  • rkgill5
    Options
    Thanks for the advice dean, snacking on raw vegetables for extra calories. They sure taste really good when i crave food.
  • devon7118
    devon7118 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    If you're working out that much and eating that few of calories, eventually your body will crash. I lost 76 pounds of baby weight on weight watchers and found out the hard way that running a lot and not eating all my points or any of the points earned from my runs was a bad idea. I started passing out and feeling like garbage. And then I stopped losing and starting gaining. My body was holding onto what little fuel I was giving it. I know it's hard, but please make sure you're eating enough. I say all this in love from one mama to another trying to keep weight off.
  • dannybias46
    dannybias46 Posts: 31 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It's called starvation....can't eat 900 calories and workout....this eat less lose weight fast theory is a bunch of crap . Eat right not less
  • devon7118
    Options
    It will make it impossible to maintain as well. Eventually you will get sick of starving.
  • rkgill5
    Options
    Thanks for the good advie guys. I treated myself today with steak and vegetables. I do want to start losing my weight slowly. I wonder how much calories i should be eating a day if i am working out 30 mins a day for 5 days.
  • devon7118
    Options
    If you log your workout on MFP it will tell you how many calories you roughly burned so you know how many to consume. It adds it to your daily calories. In my experience though, make sure you replace those calories with good proteins and healthy carbs. You don't want to replace them with junk. Good luck