Hola

Options
Hey everyone, my name is Cassie.
I'm currently struggling to find motivation to work out. I've already started eating super clean & I feel great !

Replies

• GothamVeggie
    GothamVeggie Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I try to eat fairly clean as well. In terms of motivation, it can help to gather some MFP friends to help. Add friends & you'll see them post all sorts of motivational things. +When they work out, it nudges you to work out as well. Also, how about trying something new which might make you want to work out (e.g., a dance class, adult soccer, a pole workout, horseback riding, a random workout video, etc.).
  • janetennet
    janetennet Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I agree with @GothamVeggie, MFP friends are great for motivation and support.
    Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • GothamVeggie
    Options
    You can add me too if you like. :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to lose weight, it's more important to eat at a deficit than to eat "super clean".
  • yungsteez
    yungsteez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by eating at a deficit?
  • yungsteez
    yungsteez Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good plan ! @GothamVeggie I dread the basic workouts at the gym so maybe classes that are entertaining are more of my thing. Thank you
  • GothamVeggie
    Options
    yungsteez wrote: »
    What do you mean by eating at a deficit?

If you calculate the number of calories needed to maintain your weight (e.g., 2,000 calories) & then eat less than that number (e.g., 1,400 calories), you are eating at a deficit. Fewer calories in means you'll lose weight. Of course exercise helps & so does eating healthier, whole foods that are fiber-rich more often. I think the latter is especially true if you want to feel better, look better & not feel super hungry.

Side note: Though I can currently work our since I'm recovering from surgery, when I did work out I couldn't do basic things either. If I was on an elliptical, I had to watch a good tv show or I would stop exercising. I had to listen to a book while riding my bike outdoors or swimming. But dancing or some other kind of interesting activity--especially something new--can really make a difference. Maybe try to add in something new on a regular basis. So many places will let you try out a class once or twice for free. Just ask.