Home schooling mama's here?

Options
Are there any other home schooling mom's here? I'd love to chat and see how you all fit eating healthy and getting your stuff done.

Replies

• FaithandFitness
    FaithandFitness Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME! I love homeschooling. I school my oldest two (8 and 7) and "manage" my two toddlers (3 and 2)
  • bluestheart
    Options
    My children are still young, they will be 5 and 3 in the Fall, but we are already homeschooling (preschool). You can add me if you want! :)
  • Mother4Jesus
    Mother4Jesus Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    ME ME ME! I love homeschooling. I school my oldest two (8 and 7) and "manage" my two toddlers (3 and 2)

I've got two that I home schooled through high school and both are in college now...I've also got two that i'll be starting to school. Actually, with Sarah, my 3 y/o, we've already started some preschool stuff, but for us , it's just a way of life. Excuse my run-on sentence. LOL
  • 7lilblessings
    7lilblessings Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have 7 children (6 boys,1 girl) ages 12yrs. - 8 months. We have homeschooled since preschool so this will be our 9th year. It has been really hard homeschooling and staying fit because so much of my time is sitting nursing a baby or reading to the kids and going over work with them. I'm hoping to make changes before the fall so that I can start the year with good habits :)
  • Hopeinanguish
    Hopeinanguish Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but if you're going to teach grammar/spelling, you might want to look into the proper use of an apostrophe.

Yikes.
  • brittbergh
    brittbergh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Not trying to be mean, but if you're going to teach grammar/spelling, you might want to look into the proper use of an apostrophe.

Yikes.

Nomrally when one says 'not trying to be mean, but...' they are actually in fact trying to be mean. Prefacing it with that phrase does not make it right. Thank you for your opinion now if this post does not relate to you (ie: homeschooling mom) kindly take your two cents and leave.

I have two young children, ages 3yrs and 22months, we plan on homeschooling them. Right now since they are so young it is more like unschooling, educational playing. feel free to add me!
  • Mother4Jesus
    Options

Yikes.

Nomrally when one says 'not trying to be mean, but...' they are actually in fact trying to be mean. Prefacing it with that phrase does not make it right. Thank you for your opinion now if this post does not relate to you (ie: homeschooling mom) kindly take your two cents and leave.

I have two young children, ages 3yrs and 22months, we plan on homeschooling them. Right now since they are so young it is more like unschooling, educational playing. feel free to add me!

Who invited the punctuation police? That said....

I"m doing the same thing..schooling / teaching is just a part of our every day. We've been doing sign language and that taught Sarah her alphabet. I wasn't going for that but that is what happened. We're just enjoying our days together. I plan on using My Father's World when she's older but couldn't see spending the money for preschool. THere is alot of free stuff on the web.
  • Mother4Jesus
    Options
    I have 7 children (6 boys,1 girl) ages 12yrs. - 8 months. We have homeschooled since preschool so this will be our 9th year. It has been really hard homeschooling and staying fit because so much of my time is sitting nursing a baby or reading to the kids and going over work with them. I'm hoping to make changes before the fall so that I can start the year with good habits :)

I know what you mean. By the time we're done "doing" for everyone else, there's no time for us. I will say that typing in all my food has been a big help. I've been very careful to watch what I snack on.

I'm still nursing my 4 month old. I usually nurse my children for close to a year before I put them on food. I go by the child. My last child was 8 months, my second was 9 months etc. I get to add 500 calories for nursing but i'm not adding them.

Even w/o adding in the nursing calories, i've got some left over. I am really this heavy because of how much I eat. Being busy doesn't mean that we don't have the time to eat. It means we're so busy we eat w/o realizing what we're doing. Just thinking about all my snacking has lowered my caloric intake dramatically.
  • gods_gal
    gods_gal Posts: 305
    Options
    Hi Laura,
    I just graduated my last child in June. I homeschooled for 20 years and now that chapter of my life is over. At least until grandbabies show up! LOL!! I'm going to request you as a friend, if that is okay. I am still involved with homeschool families because I run the office for our regional homeschool network. God bless!
    Bonnie
  • Mother4Jesus
    Options
    Hi Bonnie,
    I just added you. Congrats on your graduated children. What a great feeling!! I get to start all over again. Which i'm really looking forward to. All those years I spent worrying about teaching them "enough". LOL I'm definately going to enjoy it so much more this time around.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    We're homeschooling our 12 & 9 year old daughters. We've cut back on school in the summer (lots of other stuff going on), so just doing a little math to keep it fresh. It's a lot easier now that they're older and getting more autonomous.
  • dstrbdangel
    Options
    my girls are 2 1/2 and 4.we plan to start some preschool stuff this fall.I was homeschooled as a kid and plan to do the same.add me too :)
  • tammykoon
    tammykoon Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Howdy!!!

We are still schooling and it's July! I have two boys, 11 and 12, and a girl, just turned 9.

My kids are into reading the labels on our food. They made the choice to switch from regular chips to pretzels to get fewer calories with a larger portion.

Feel free to add me.

BTW, ignore the grammer police. I am "off duty" when I am online and they should take a chill pill!
  • Mother4Jesus
    Options
    Howdy!!!

We are still schooling and it's July! I have two boys, 11 and 12, and a girl, just turned 9.

My kids are into reading the labels on our food. They made the choice to switch from regular chips to pretzels to get fewer calories with a larger portion.

Feel free to add me.

BTW, ignore the grammer police. I am "off duty" when I am online and they should take a chill pill!

I try to watch when i'm typing on line but i've got a 4 month old. Sometimes I'm typing so quickly because I need to go pick him up...or i'm typing with him in my arms. LOL Ignore my typos.