Need advice !!! Thanks so much

Options
Hi evryone,

For the last 3 years, not even my best friend saw me in a bikini....

I gained 35 pounds in the last 3 years and I've been extremely shy and self concerned about my body...

My friend just called me and said : my uncle is letting me use his cottage for the weekend.
We would be 3 couples going... An AMAZING COTTAGE, so luxurious that I wont ever step a foot in that kind of cottage for the rest of my life...

I am super excited to go, on the other hand, I am super stressed to...

Im leaving friday... Would you have any tricks for me to help me be less bloated in 5 days?

The part that I dont like the most is my belly fat...I used to have a flat tummy...well not anymore... lol

I also plan to go to the gym, as usual...

Thanks a lot for your help

Replies

• sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I don't know. maybe get a get flattering one piece?!?! Google flattering swimsuits, it should give you tips to pick the perfect suit for you body type.
  • jk0912
    jk0912 Posts: 8
    Options
    watch your sodium intake. i've noticed too much sodium makes me retain water, giving me that lovely 'bloated' look.
  • cgavin77
    cgavin77 Posts: 219
    Options
    I stay away from dairy when I want to be less bloated. I actually notice it with the way my clothes fit. It WONT make a difference on the scale but it does the trick for my belly bloat! I normally stay away for 4-6 days but even after 2 days I see the diff.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I second the flattering one pc. How about a mono-kini? A little more coverage but still cut out? No reason not to enjoy the weekend because of a few extra pounds! C'mon, its only a weekend and soon you'll be rockin' that bikini anyway! Have fun!
  • vicky_unni
    vicky_unni Posts: 24
    Options
    Try to cut back on the salt, I know that helps retain water.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    One word: Miraclesuit. Expensive but they are the Spanx of bathing suits.
  • misslaney
    misslaney Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hey lady!

Try to cut out fizzy drinks as well as tea and coffee, as these things bloat you.

Try to cut back on sugary and salty snacks and drinks, salt especially as this maes you retain water.

Get drinking green tea as this "flushes" you out.

These won't work miracles, but you'll certainly feel less bloated and more comfortable, therefore you'll look better!

Hope this helps x
  • Abi80
    Abi80 Posts: 2
    Options
    I find cutting out bread really helps me to look and feel less bloated.
    Hope you enjoy your weekend!:smile:
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    Hey girl!!! First of all, you should be SOO excited...and definitely have a BLAST at the cottage!!
    One good way to 'reduce belly bloat' is to stay away from carbs this week......and by carbs I mean the 'pasta, bread, cereal' carbs.....and NO carbonated drinks (soda, etc)...just eat lean protein, greens, and drink PLENTY of water!!
    Good luck and remember to Have a fabulous time!!
  • Jennfur2610
    Jennfur2610 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and watch your salt intake.
  • NatashaJayne23
    Options
    My tip would be to avoid carbs as much as possible, do not drink ANY carbonated drinks even diet drinks? If I was you I'd try a swinsuit like this...
    http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Twist-Top-Padded-Bandeau-Swimsuit/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=1086345&cid=2238&Rf-300=1946&sh=0&pge=7&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Black
    Its got wrinkles in the material so disguises any 'ripples' which anyone over a size 8 has lol Maybe something with thicker straps if you have broader shoulders or even no straps if your shoulders arent broad or if you're around the pool. Make sure the cups of the suit are wired if you have large breasts. Try evans for swimwear?
    Hope this is helpful

- Natasha
  • VeroM1234
    VeroM1234 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

Thanks for your advices!

No problem for the fizzy drink, I only drink water... I dont like anything with pop and I find that juice is too sweet... I simply adore water!!! lol

I will cut the carbs all week, and will watch the sodium intake!

I am also planning to eat a lot of home made vegetables soup (cauliflower or brocoli)...
    For a big batch, its 3 cauliflowers, 1 small potato, 1 l water and a little cube of beef broth.
    It makes like 10 soups...

I dont know if I should focus on the cardio this week or also do abs?

As for the swimsuit, I have gorgeous victoria secrets bikinis that I always wear (around family, not with friends lol)...

I hope I wont be too shy!!