How to cut the belly fat?

Options
So I've been working out going on 2 months now and I'm really wanting to know how I can really focus on a smaller mid section. What foods and exercises? I've lost 3 inches on my stomach since may just by food and breastfeeding but I don't want it to stop. I would like to get back to having a 28inch waist.

Replies

• Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    No way to spot reduce. You want to lose fat in a specific region you just have to lose enough fat that that region becomes affected. When that happens is largely based on your genetics of where fat tends to come off last.
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    belly and fat pad down below seems to lose very slowly...
  • AnnaMustLoseWeight
    Options
    So wish I could spot reduce! Hopefully my genetics will come into play.
  • Aaron_K123
    Aaron_K123 Posts: 7,122 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    For most belly fat is the last to go. For women sometimes its thighs or butt, for guys its almost always belly.

The way you get there is to continue to lose fat. The way you get a flat phsyically fit look though is by weight lifting, don't expect to have a flat toned stomach just from weight loss.
  • charlenethorson
    Options
    I agree with Aaron, my biggest problem area is my stomach but "spot reduction" is a myth. Reducing your overall body fat percentage and keeping in a caloric deficit will help you lose the belly fat. It's an unfortunate truth for us women though, we tend to have to work so much harder on our midsections than guys do. We tend to carry more body fat too :( ugh. If it's stubborn and chances are it is! Then only time and consistency will help , keep at it girl, I'm in the same boat plus I'll be 37 this year so i'ts a whole new ballgame.
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Give it sometime. A few months isn't that long. Take your time, its a marathon, not a sprint.