Restart after having daughter

Options
Hello!

I'm just restarting trying to get my weight back down after having my daughter about 3 months ago. I'm down 41 pounds since having her but I have quite a bit more to lose. I put on quite a bit when I was pregnant with her.

A few questions I have:

- I have a full-time job plus my 3 month old. How do you find time to work, take care of/bond with your child, sleep, and workout in a day/week?
- Have you found things that greatly reduce your milk supply? (Diet and/or exercise- wise)

I probably have more but, that's all I can think of right now.

Thank you all for reading/responding to this! Have a great Friday!

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Add me if you'd like.
    I have a 5 month old daughter and just got back into exercising about 3 weeks ago. I only gained 36 lbs while pregnant...and I still have about 20 to lose.
    Anyway, to answer your questions I also have a full time job and so does my husband. For me, the best way to get my exercise in is to wake at 5 a.m. before the rest of the house is up and do whatever it is I'm going to do...elliptical, weight training, work out videos, etc. If baby wakes before I'm finished the hubby gets her up, changes and feeds her. Then he gets in the shower and we hang out her while he is getting ready, I make her bottles for daycare and get our breakfast made (smoothies for us) while she watches me from the rock n play. I feel like if I tried to work out at night I'd be taking precious time from my family and I'm not willing to do that. We try to go on a family walk in the neighborhood a couple times a week too.

I'm formula feeding so I can't comment on the milk supply question.
    Add me!
  • Passionately_Positive
    Options
    I'm also restarting after having my son 3 weeks ago. I haven't officially started exercising yet as breastfeeding seems to be burning the calories quick enough for me at the moment. I mostly clean eat and havent noticed a dramatic change in my milk supply. I do eat oatmeal in the morning and read that is useful for producing milk.

In regards to sleeping bonding etc. I have to tag team it with my husband. I watch the baby when he naps and vice versa. Sleep is very important to me, but so is bonding with my son. I am lucky to have such an involved partner who loves being a Dad. It's important to the both of us to form a good relationship with our son.

Luckily I am able to be a stay at home Mum so I don't know how to answer the work question. I just try to cross things of my daily list one at a time, if I don't complete it all that doesn't matter - theres always tomorrow. My priority is making sure little one is okay.
  • VainMommy
    VainMommy Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm also starting again! My daughter is 4 weeks. I gained about 25lbs and have lost them all BUT I want to lose about 25 more to get to 125lbs.

I'm a stay a home and i formula feed this time around... sorry I can't answer your questions.