need help with veggies ideas please :)

Options
bmw4deb
bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
Hoping you all can help me find some new side dish ideas.
I love my green beans., broccoli, cauliflower and have started
adding some squash, but I need some new ideas getting burnt out
on the same sides!

Replies

• lynner22
    lynner22 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    steamed spinach with lots of garlic!! add some parm cheese too if you like for some extra flavour!
  • nitashagarcia
    Options
    carrots?! peas?! asparagus?! [spelling?] LOL :)
  • EmilyQC
    EmilyQC Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Since its summer time we grill our veggies, broccoli, corn, peppers, onions, carrots, squash. We marinade it in a low fat salad dressing usually a low fat Italian and they come out really yummy!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Sweet potatoes, if you don't eat a pound of them! I slice them, parboil and grill to finish. Yummy, and full of good stuff!
  • PegasusDeb
    PegasusDeb Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    My friend turned me on to steaming my vegy's. Never liked cooked carrots before, but I LOVE them steamed, it's like it brings the sweetness out of them! Also what about sweet potatos? I like them baked like fries or grilled in my Geo Foreman.
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My friend turned me on to steaming my vegy's. Never liked cooked carrots before, but I LOVE them steamed, it's like it brings the sweetness out of them!
    Ooh, me too. You know what else is good for carrots? Roast them in the oven with a little olive oil and dill. They come it really sweet and yummy!
  • stephr2014
    stephr2014 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    *Bump*
  • ShelbyLB
    ShelbyLB Posts: 431
    Options
    YES steamed carrots are DELISH!! Also, I love to sautee spinace in a bit of olive oil spray and a splahs of lemon juice...YUMMMMM....
    I've also been putting slices of bell pepper, spinach, and onion in a sautee pan for a bit, and then tossing them with some natural salsa ontop of a bed of raw spinach.....tastes like a fajita, MINUS the carby wrap!! :) yummmmm
  • capri5495
    capri5495 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I grill out alot! I take Zucchini, Squash, onions and tomatoes and sprinkle a little Montreal Chicken seasoning on them with 1 tsp of olive oil or italian dressing then wrap them in aluminin foil, leaving the top open a tad, and place them on the grill while I grill my chicken or fish. very EZ , NO MESS. and FABULOUS!:happy:
  • YukonJoy
    YukonJoy Posts: 1,279 Member
    Options
    I love doing kabobs in the summer time on the bbq. I use bell peppers, mushrooms, baby potato halves, zuchinni. Also I LOVE yams and you can microwave them! They make a great quick veggie side dish. Cut it in half and pop it in the microwave for around 5 mins on a plate with a tiny bit of water! :)

Also try these places for recipe ideas: Clean Eating Magazine (they have a website) or Sparkpeople.com. There are tons of other great healthy recipe sites, just google them.
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    I grill out alot! I take Zucchini, Squash, onions and tomatoes and sprinkle a little Montreal Chicken seasoning on them with 1 tsp of olive oil or italian dressing then wrap them in aluminin foil, leaving the top open a tad, and place them on the grill while I grill my chicken or fish. very EZ , NO MESS. and FABULOUS!:happy:

I just discovered Montreal seasoning it is so good!
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I like brussel sprouts on the grill. They get a nice nutty sweet flavor!
  • bmw4deb
    Options
    gotta try steaming them.do you use a double broiler??
    don't mean to sound stupid here.