Let's drink beer and give it up

criiisdaw
criiisdaw Posts: 23 Member
edited September 2016 in Getting Started
4 weeks of restraint and a *kitten* week. I've had enough. Done half my calories in ale and am going to do some more. It's kind of strange I am even telling strangers this but my need to get pissed seems stronger than my will to loose weight right now. Do I need permission? This weight loss thing messes with your head.

Replies

• criiisdaw
    Wtf is kitten ?
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    That happens to me after a week or two of self control. It gets exhausting and I get in "screw it!" mode. One day of enjoying myself usually gets it out of my system and I can get back on track the next day :) you did great all month, you deserve it!
  • ElJefeChief
    ElJefeChief Posts: 651 Member
    I had a wtf day the other day, treated myself to a birthday pizookie
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    I find that fitting a beer or two into my calories during the week helps keep me on track. It's a great way to learn balance and moderation while staying within your goal. This method becomes important when you reach your goal and have to learn how to balance the things you enjoy with the things your body needs.
  • criiisdaw
    I am still logging the blasted calories though ! I am such a rebel i have gone over by 433 !! Now thats rock and roll.
  • criiisdaw
    pizookie ???
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    edited September 2016
    My diary is open and I have beer everyday. I am at my goal weight and have been for awhile.

And *kitten*'s are cool!!
  • criiisdaw
    A beer ? we talking 6 pints over here :)
  • queenliz99
    Two beers because I am a lightweight. or a cheap drunk! LOL
  • Wow, I have beer, or two or three every day too! It's a must have working with a bunch of construction guys and married to one too :)
  • criiisdaw
    generally i have A drink on a few days a week .. usually a martini. But today, its been building up . I needed lots of beer. the whole calorie thing has put a different slant on it though. Do you ever get to the point where you you can just enjoy eating and drinking too much (once in a while) ? I know i will run off the extra intake over the weekend but it seems so ... i dunno. It was easier when i didnt care, or have to.
  • queenliz99
    I bank my calories all week so I can eat more on the weekends.
  • criiisdaw
    One more thing. I *kitten* well love beer
  • queenliz99
    I *kitten* beer too!
  • Somebody_Loved
    Somebody_Loved Posts: 498 Member
    queenliz99 wrote: »
    I bank my calories all week so I can eat more on the weekends.

I do the same. I didn't drink Sun-Thursday this week and saved the calories so I can bust out a bottle of wine tonight.
  • criiisdaw
    The *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* kitten is pissing the *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* spell checker off
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    edited September 2016
    criiisdaw wrote: »
    The *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* kitten is pissing the *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* *kitten* spell checker off

It's the profanity filter. It's a helpful reminder to watch what your language since the use of profanity is a violation of the guidelines.
  • Spook_Skywalker
    Spook_Skywalker Posts: 180 Member
    Enjoy beer and get back to the grind. I may even have a few Sculpin IPA's tonight!
  • BiggDaddy58
    BiggDaddy58 Posts: 406 Member
    I've been good for a long time..tonite..still good..but enjoyed a few!

eogunu4almyx.jpg
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    criiisdaw wrote: »
    I am still logging the blasted calories though ! I am such a rebel i have gone over by 433 !! Now thats rock and roll.

Ah, you're fine then. (1) You're logging it, and (2) if you're losing a pound a week, you've only wiped out one day's calorie deficit.

If you don't do it very often, it's not a substantial delay in reaching your ultimate goal, and IMO sometimes a little indulgence is worth it. Enjoy!

Granny sez: Back on a healthy path tomorrow, though, OK? ;)