Lunch ideas

Options
Hey,
Does anyone have any great and simple lunch ideas? I work long hours and pack my lunch the night before. I'm usually so tired and just want something that can be made quickly. I usually take a salad with tuna or a chicken wrap but I am needing something to mix it up as I get bored with food really easily!

Quick and easy breakfast ideas would be amaZing too!!!
Thank you in advanced xo

Replies

• Kelll12123
    Kelll12123 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Stealing any ideas you get because I have the same dilemma.
    Do you have access to a microwave? I usually pack leftovers from the night before. I also do salads and Greek yogurt sometimes. If I'm really short on food I just throw together pretzels, fruit, and some almonds.

For breakfast I'm starting to get into overnight oats and they're awesome! They keep me full to lunch and you make them the night before so it's not taking up any extra time. I like to have hard boiled eggs in my fridge for a quick meal (good for packed lunches too!)
  • kayleetaylor1992
    kayleetaylor1992 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Yes I have access to a microwave and a fridge :) I have a very routine food schedule. Toast for breakfast, yoghurt and strawberrys for morning snack, salad for lunch, crackers for afternoon tea etc. feeling in a bit of a rut but want to keep pushing forward with my health goals I just really need to mix the food up a little and stop feeling like I'm eating all the same things everyday! Thanks for your advice!! I'm not much of an egg person but will definitely give oats a go! Thank you ❤️
  • Ludka13
    Ludka13 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I make turkey and cheese sandwiches. 1 ounce of reduced fat cheese, 2 ounces of sliced turkey, 2 slices of low calorie bread, mustard. You can add lettuce, tomato, sliced pickles, sprouts, cucumber, bell pepper, etc. Instead of mustard you can use light thousand island dressing or light french dressing. Have a mug of broth based soup with it.

Cottage cheese or yogurt plus canned fruit. I get Del Monte 100 calorie peaches (1 small can is 100 calories) or you can get fruit packed in juice instead of syrup. Canned pineapple or pears are also good, or even fruit cocktail.

You can make a pot of chili on the weekend and portion it out into lunch sized containers. You can also make a big salad and portion it out. The grab a container of each on your way out the door.

Google "Meal Prep Sunday" for ideas on how to prep meals for a week so that you have meals ready to go.
  • kayleetaylor1992
    kayleetaylor1992 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks you @Ludka13 that is sooo helpful! I really like the turkey sandwich idea! I love turkey!
  • Angelcat714
    Angelcat714 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    For breakfast, I make an open face egg white sandwich....microwave the egg whites, sliced tomato, sliced avocado on spelt bread. Or a whey protein shake with oatmeal & cinnamon, or 1.5 hard boiled eggs with oatmeal, nuts & cinnamon. For lunch, sometimes I make 2 cups of quinoa on a Sunday to use for the week. You can add quinoa to your lunch of chicken or tuna, with veggies. I always try to have protein, veggies and good grains every lunch. Or a Greek Salad with chicken.
  • flagrantavidity
    flagrantavidity Posts: 218 Member
    Options

Quick and easy ideas

I eat Soylent for breakfast and lunch, complete nutrition, and zero prep with 2.0 bottles or minimal prep with 1.6 powder.

Some people need more flavor variety, but I simply want nutrition for breakfast and lunch.

I cook a fantastic homemade dinner for flavor, excitement, and social activity.
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    The other day I made a roast with onions, carrots and potatoes in my ninja and had added a pack of French onion soup mix with water. Super yummy. I weighed it out for my calories. Then for my dinner at work, I weighed out the roast beef and made into a hot roast beef sandwich...super yum!! I also took a mixed greens salad with just the bolthouse avocado cilantro salad dressing measured out on it and that was an amazing meal.
    For breakfast I'm simple...an English muffin, butter and jam.
    Or granola bar topped with 1 tbs peanut butter. And of course with coffee!
  • valerialeek
    valerialeek Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I meal plan for the whole week so I have both dinners me lunches when I get home